Also, you will be mentoring and coaching junior team members to understand the prescribed architectures and follow best practices and processes. You’ll be working closely with designers, DevOps & other teams to integrate what is needed to build and maintain the product. TDD, Scrum processes and Agile principles are also paramount - delivering products with confidence and not fear.
We have a casual work environment and flexible start times. MacBook Pros are used in development; Slack and Gmail are the communication tools of choice. Our product development process follow Agile and Lean principles.
Standard Requirements: Experience: 5+ years of full stack development in an enterprise environment Education: BS degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or similar degree or experience.
Must be comfortable with:
- Relational Databases (MySQL, Postgres)
- RESTful web service design
- Unit and Integration testing
- Leading a technical discussion
- Troubleshooting a high-profile production issue
Preference will be given to applicants that come with this:
- Experience with working /deploying in a Linux environment
- Configuration and provisioning tools (jenkins, ansible, saltstack, etc.)
- Containerization (docker, docker-compose, container orchestration)
- Experience developing with continuous integration in a high-volume production environment
- AWS experience (CloudFormation, resource provisioning and management)
- Knowledge of Kubernetes
THIS POSITION IS LOCAL TO AUSTIN. LOCAL CANDIDATES WILL BE GIVEN FIRST CONSIDERATION.