Senior JDA Developer at H-E-B
About H-E-B H-E-B is one of the largest, independently owned food retailers in the nation operating over 400 stores throughout Texas and Mexico, with annual sales generating over $25 billion. Described by industry experts as a daring innovator and smart competitor, H-E-B has led the way with creative new concepts, outstanding service and a commitment to diversity in our workforce, workplace and marketplace. H-E-B offers a wealth of career opportunities to our 109,000+ Partners (employees), competitive compensation and benefits program and comprehensive training that lead to successful careers.
Since H-E-B Digital Technology's inception, we've been investing heavily in our customers' digital experience, reinventing how they find inspiration from food, how they make food decisions, and how they ultimately get food into their homes. This is an exciting time to join H-E-B Digital--we're using the best available technologies to deliver modern, engaging, reliable, and scalable experiences to meet the needs of our growing audience. If you enjoy taking on new challenges, working in a rapidly changing environment, learning new skills, and applying it all to solve large and impactful business problems, we want you as part of our team.
Our Partners thrive The H-E-B Way. In the Systems Developer job, that means you have a...
HEART FOR PEOPLE... you're willing to communicate with and learn from your manager and your team
HEAD FOR BUSINESS... you can follow technical guidance and understand why it's important
PASSION FOR RESULTS... you'll take time to get familiar with technology and the software development process
What you'll do (Design & Development)
- Take technical direction to deliver well-scoped work.
- Follow the Digital Team processes and standards.
- Configure, enhance / update, maintain, test, and debug COTS systems / integrations.
- Assist in research and fact-finding to modify or enhance systems and applications.
- Assist with test planning / test case development, and testing.
- Assist with implementation, end-to-end system integration, stabilization, and production support transition.
- Support / learn full-stack infrastructure architecture and design; assist with delivering solutions.
- Assist with evaluation and recommendation of COTS / SaaS systems, integration, and testing tools
- May assist with proposed COTS, SaaS and cloud-based solution technical reviews
- Assist in implementation of domain-specific applications to fill gaps between large COTS systems
- Stay available to provide support during escalation of incidents
Who You Are
- You have a bachelor of science degree in computer science
- You have experience with JDA Applications
- You may have experience configuring, enhancing, and maintaining COTS / SaaS products
- You have strong knowledge of computer science fundamentals, and workflow methodology
- You have a fundamental understanding of system development life cycles
- Experience in developing and implementing end to end solutions for Retail planning including JDA Enterprise planning and/or JDA Allocation.
- Experience with JDA Category Management Suite, Demand Planning and Assortment will be a plus.
- Strong Database skills including development of PL/SQLs, Stored procedures, Database triggers etc.
- Ability to develop data integrations between Enterprise applications.
- Strong windows and Unix scripting skills.
- Expertise in Oracle and/or SQL Server databases.
- Knowledge of MuleSoft Interfaces (JDA Connect)
- Experience with JDA application upgrades.
- Java experience also a plus.
Who We Are
- H-E-B is one of the largest, independently owned food retailers in the nation, operating over 400 stores throughout Texas and Mexico, with annual sales generating over $26 billion
- We hire talented people (116,000+ Partners), and give them autonomy to be creative in how they impact the business
- We're a Partner-driven company with a Bold Promise--Because People Matter
- We embrace Diversity and Inclusion as core values, and support them with thriving company-wide programs
- We're a truly original Texas-based company that created the Spirit of Giving to help Texas communities every day
- Once eligible, our Partners become Owners