Senior Manager - Software Engineering - Data Ingestion at Realtor.com
Who We Are
Realtor.com is your one stop shop for homebuyers, sellers, and dreamers, with comprehensive for-sale listings, insightful information, valuable tools and professional expertise. We’re excited and hungry to make a difference to the millions of people in the US who buy a home each year. Our aspiration starts with treating our home buyer as our focal point - we believe that delivering on experiences that truly help people through this seemingly difficult life event will lead us to continued and greater success as a company.
We’re looking for a Senior Manager of Software Engineering with Strong Back-End Development experience to lead our Data Ingestion software engineering teams and initiatives. The charter for this team is crucial to our overall business strategy. As the Data Ingestion Software Engineering Manager, you will lead a team that is building and maintaining the “onramp” of our data highway, from both internal and external sources, in a scalable, automated, and self-service way that enables engineers and analysts to access the data they need, when they need it.
The Software Engineering Manager is a key technical influencer and contributor through all stages of the software development lifecycle. You will be able to make an impact, leveraging your highly developed leadership and collaboration abilities to execute on broad cross-organization initiatives and data needs.
In short, your mission will be to ingest valuable data easily accessible for everyone at realtor.com!
What you will be doing...
- Lead a highly talented team of engineers that are both distributed and co-located.
- Build cross functional relationships, sharing clear context to our stakeholders, users, teams, and product managers
- Building strategies to deliver our product needs, driving tactical execution, and evolving a fast moving and inclusive team
- Grow the team while maintaining a high technical bar and securing talent that embodies our culture
- Provide input into process improvement initiatives to improve quality and timeliness of deliverables with high predictability
You will lead a team who are working on...
- Designing and operationalizing data ingestion API’s using next generation architectures deployed on Amazon Web Services
- Developing enabling tools to provide for data ingestion from both real time streaming sources as well as batch data.
- Implement solutions that support both external applications and internal services.
- Developing systems that ensure our data is of high quality, reliable, and well defined.
- Optimizing our developer toolchain to support instant provisioning of new services and infrastructure, fully automate deployment, and minimize development friction.
What we're looking for:
- The ability to hire and motivate a high-performing engineering team
- Experience leading engineering teams that have shipped backend platforms that are of high quality, scalable, reliable, and reusable
- Experience balancing teamwork between cross functional strategic projects
- Ability to identify and utilize each individual team members strengths, benefiting the greater organization
- Experience leading distributed teams across multiple locations.
- Demonstrated team improvement through regular feedback
- Proven track record of automating away manual processes
- Strong software engineering instincts: meaningful and deeply rooted knowledge about sound quality/speed trade-offs, code quality, and testing
- A data driven product development approach
- B.S. Computer Science, related field, or equivalent professional experience
What are some of the benefits of this job:
- A generous base salary, complemented by an annual short term incentive
- Meaningful benefits, such as support for new parents, with a generous gender-neutral parental leave policy for both primary and secondary caregivers·
- A manager and leadership dedicated to growing your skills, honing your strengths, engaging your passions, and allowing you to produce work you love
- An environment that welcomes your feedback, values different points of view and is eager to bring new ideas to life
Diversity is important to us, therefore, realtor.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer regardless of age, color, national origin, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, status as a disabled veteran and/or veteran of the Vietnam Era or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, realtor.com will provide reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified disabled individuals.