Senior Manager, Software Engineering - Orchestration and Notifications at Realtor.com
We’re looking for a Senior Manager of Software Engineering to lead our Orchestration and Notifications software engineering teams and initiatives. The charters for these teams are crucial to our overall business strategy. They are building the platforms that drive activity to help home shoppers further along their home buying journey.
The Software Engineering Manager is a key technical influencer and contributor through all stages of the software development lifecycle. You will be able to make an impact, leveraging your highly developed leadership and collaboration abilities to execute on broad cross-organization initiatives.
What You’ll do
- Empower and guide engineering teams to rapidly deliver value to our consumers and customers through Agile incremental implementation with high quality
- Drive sound decision-making processes to ensure the right technology choices are made for implementing solutions; conduct alternative analysis for technology selection or build vs buy decisions and present to stakeholders
- Build high quality and highly scalable services leveraging advanced machine learning and predictive analytic models
- Work with product managers and tech leaders to shape product definition so that it can be built in flexible, extensible, and robust way; work collaboratively across engineering teams to plan and execute at high velocity
- Collaborate with technical leads and architects to define a technical roadmap and maintain the overall architectural integrity of the suite of realtor.com products; drive and support innovation by acting as a sounding board for ideas and help bring them to life
- Continually optimize our tools and practices cross-team and cross-organization to experiment faster and deliver value more quickly
- Construct and maintain an environment and culture of integrity, trust, feedback, and continuous improvement
- Play a key role in hiring, retention, and growth of talent: attract, evaluate, coach and mentor technical staff
- Motivate the team and enthusiastically rally them around delivering against a wide variety of organizational initiatives
- Minimum 3-5 years experience in leading software engineering teams in a technology organization
- A strong results and outcome-driven focus, understanding the value derived from rapidly shipping code and learning/iterating on the results
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills, connecting directly and effectively with cross-functional stakeholders at various levels
- A strong ability to coach and mentor engineers, helping them develop their skills and advance their careers
- Experience with designing and developing complex, robust, and highly scalable production services and applications using modern frameworks, tools, and systems
- Experience with cloud-based architectures, development, and deployment
- Strong empathy for our customers and a passion for exceeding their expectations
- A lifelong learner
- A Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science/Engineering or a related field, or equivalent professional experience
At realtor.com®, we believe that everyone deserves a home of their own. We’re a community of nearly 2,000 employees who work hard to ensure that from the moment someone starts dreaming about a new home, to the moment they walk in the door and beyond, we’re there to lend a helping hand. Every month, over 85 million people trust us with their journey home by visiting our site and mobile apps, and we’d love to have you join our team to help.
We’ve got great offices in the U.S. and Canada with lots of sweet jobs to choose from, so we’re hoping you’ll join us on our journey to make buying, selling, renting, and living in homes easier and more rewarding for everyone.
Let’s make a difference, together. For Real.