Senior Manager, Software Engineering at Procore Technologies
What if you could use your technology skills to develop a product that impacts the way communities’ hospitals, homes, sports stadiums, and schools across the world are built? Construction impacts the lives of nearly everyone in the world, and yet it’s also one of the world’s least digitized industries, not to mention one of the most dangerous. That’s why we’re looking for a talented Senior Manager, Software Engineering to join Procore’s journey to revolutionize a historically underserved industry.
As Senior Manager, Software Engineering at Procore, you’re given the unique opportunity to drive the next generation of application platform initiatives in a global SaaS infrastructure. Backed by the might of our teams, we’ll provide you with the tools and resources needed to achieve extraordinary results that render a significant impact extending beyond the boundaries of traditional engineering roles.
This position will report to our Engineering Director, Software Engineering with the opportunity to be located in our Carpinteria, CA headquarters, New York City, or Austin, TX office. Remote candidates will be considered with the expectation of occasional travel to these offices. We’re looking for someone to join our team immediately.
What you’ll do:
- Drive excellence and product quality in key areas of the Procore Platform in our Identity division
- Identify opportunities and manage multiple teams to successfully deliver our initiatives
- Work side-by-side with product and UX to build out roadmaps and execution for our permissions team and other areas
- Own the overall success of multiple business domains managing the improvement of functionality, APIs, UX, testing, and performance
- Educate and drive adoption of the core platform areas across the organization wherever and whenever the possibility arises
- Ensure that new and existing products have clearly defined expectations with roadmaps and reporting on them on a regular basis
- Partner with peers and Software Engineering leadership to help set team level goals, objectives, and overall strategies and provide unwavering support for Software Engineers through collaboration, leading reviews of processes, and architecture design
- Mentor and coach and be a driver for change across your teams and broader organization
What we're looking for:
- BS or MS degree in Management Information Systems or a related discipline required
- 5+ years total experience as a Software Engineer
- 7+ years experience managing teams of varying sizes and timezones with at least 5 years of supporting production in a SaaS multi-tenant environment
- Demonstrated experience leading multiple engineering teams and championing technology initiatives
- Experience leading and course correcting large initiatives and evaluating current technical approaches to continue to be industry best-of-class
- Experience working with teams, providing mentorship and guidance to improve overall reliability of the ecosystem
- Experience using any of the following technologies to lead complex technical initiatives is required:
- Social Networks/Collaborative SaaS
- Cloud Hosted Infrastructure
- IAM (Permissions, Identity)
- Service Mesh/Discovery Tooling (e.g. Consul, Envoy, Istio, etcd)
- Containers and Container Management (Docker, Kubernetes)
- APIs (REST, gRPC, GraphQL and API management/documentation
- Software Design/Architecture
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, housing complexes, and more. Our headquarters is located on the bluffs above the Pacific Ocean in Carpinteria, CA, with growing offices worldwide. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore!
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome builders of all backgrounds. We thrive in a diverse, dynamic and inclusive environment. We do not tolerate discrimination against employees on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: competitive health care plans, unlimited paid vacation, employee enrichment and development programs, and volunteer days.