Senior Manager, Software Engineering at Care.com (Remote)
Care.com is a consumer tech company with heart. We’re on a mission to tackle a human challenge we all face: finding phenomenal care for the ones we love. We’re moms and dads and pet parents. We have parents and grandparents, so we understand that everyone, at some point in their lives, could use a helping hand. Our culture and our products reflect that.
Here, entrepreneurs, self-starters, great teammates, and big problem solvers unite behind a common cause. Here, we’re applying data analytics, AI and the latest technologies to solve universal problems and connect people in new ways. If you enjoy solving big problems and building new things, and if you’re all about using your talent for good, this is the place for you.
What You'll Be Working On:
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join the Technology team as a Senior Engineering Manager. The candidate would join a small, agile team responsible for building a platform to support our community team. The candidate will be responsible for the analysis, design, programming, testing, documentation, and implementation of new product features.
- Craft and develop an extremely high-volume, fault-tolerant, scalable distributed system that uses technologies such as
- Ruby on Rails
- Golang microservices deployed on Kubernetes with an Istio service mesh
- gRPC and GraphQL APIs
- AWS Lambdas
- AWS Step Functions & Express Workflows
- Amazon EventBridge
- AWS DynamoDB
- AWS Cloud Development Kit
- Work with partners in product management to understand business requirements
- Work with other fields to drive multi-functional efforts
- Shape development processes to promote a high-quality output while continuing to iterate quickly
- Own and review deliverables for accuracy, quality, performance, and completeness
- Work with team to build architecture and design documents, project timeline, and user stories
- Ability to lead and manage a globally distributed development team
- Mentor and guide the professional and technical development of members of the team
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- 8+ years of professional engineering experience
- 3+ years of engineering management experience
- BS or MS in Computer Science or a similar engineering field
- Experience with Microservices architecture is a plus
- AWS experience is a plus
- Ability to thrive as part of a multi-site development team
For a list of our Perks + Benefits, click here!
**Care.com supports diverse families and communities and seeks employees who are just as diverse. As an equal opportunity employer, Care.com recognizes the power of a diverse and inclusive workforce and encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds. Care.com is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation, please contact [email protected].**
Available in more than 20 countries, Care.com is the world's leading platform for finding and managing high-quality family care. Care.com is designed to meet the evolving needs of today's families and caregivers, offering everything from household tax and payroll services and customized corporate benefits packages covering the care needs of working families to innovating new ways for caregivers to be paid and obtain professional benefits. Since 2007, families have relied on Care.com's industry-leading products—from child and elder care to pet care and home care. Care.com is an IAC company (NASDAQ: IAC).