The Senior Mobile Programmer will be responsible for the architecture, technical specification, design, implementation, testing and support of enhanced mobile and in-vehicle applications. The successful candidate will be a highly motivated mobile developer specializing in creating exceptional user experiences via mobile apps and dashboard displays. You will need strong software engineering skills, excellent interpersonal communication, and experience accepting and giving constructive feedback on technical designs. Having responsibility for implementing the look and feel of the Hyliion driver experience, you will collaborate with our design team and backend developers to set a new bar for what the mobile and in-vehicle driver experience can be. Reports to: VP of UI/UX
Essential Functions: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Demonstrated proficiency with native Android or Apple development environments, including cross platform environments like Flutter, Android Studio or Swift
- Design and implement features for new and existing products
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Create a technical functional specification from a PRD.
- Proven ability to lead application architecture/design.
- Able to analyze legacy technology for reuse or rewrite.
- Must be a team player, collaborating with application and middleware teams to ensure successful integration, testing and delivery.
- Solid understanding of and ability to articulate the full mobile development life cycle
- 8+ years of experience as a mobile programmer, building and maintaining complex mission-critical mobile applications.
- Proven experience in mobile app development using Android, Java, Kotlin or Swift
- Experience working with remote data via REST and JSON
- Experience with third-party libraries and APIs
- Familiarity with OOP and SOLID design principles
- Has developed in-vehicle dashboard displays.
- Has developed in Google Android Auto or Apple Car Play
- Demonstrable portfolio of released applications
- Ability to verbally present information in individual or group settings.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Hyliion is committed to diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.