Senior .Net Engineer (To transition into IoT Engineer) at RapidDeploy (Remote)
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:28 a.m. (CST) on Monday, December 27, 2021
Join a purpose-driven, fast-growing enterprise software company that is working to transform 9-1-1.
The power to do remarkable things when it matters most is the heart of 9-1-1 and public safety. At RapidDeploy, we believe that regardless of size, geography or budget, everyone in public safety should have access to the data they need when it matters most to save more lives. That’s why, since 2016, our mission has been to reduce emergency response times and improve public safety. We are the industry’s only truly open and integrated emergency response platform with a portfolio of web-based cloud solutions that includes analytics, mapping, dispatch and first responder applications.
Over the past year, we have signed four states and our software has been deployed in more than 700 9-1-1 centers across the U.S. We have increased our annual recurring revenue by more than 20X. We’re hiring passionate team members to help propel us into the next stage of growth.
RapidDeploy is looking for an IoT Software Engineer responsible for building features for RapidDeploy’s proprietary Emergency Data Gateway (EDG) device, and driving enhancements of our IoT Platform technology. Your primary responsibilities will be to design and develop these applications, and to coordinate with the rest of the team working on different layers of the infrastructure. Therefore, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and quality product is essential.
We are happy to hire an individual who likes the idea of focusing on technology that is centered around IoT who has a strong .Net background.
- Develop feature enhancements and maintain RapidDeploy EDG device platform Windows 10 UWP and Azure loT platform technology
- Build cloud-native solutions using microservices and serverless compute architectures
- Research and develop additional loT device platform solutions
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable C# code
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automation
- Contribute in all phases of the development life-cycle, ensuring the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the applications.
- Extensive .NET experience
- Recent focus on building serverless or containerized solutions in Azure
- Familiarity with the .NET framework or.Net Core
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming
- Strong understanding of message queuing
- Strong understanding of asynchronous and multi-threaded applications
- Skill for writing reusable C# libraries
- Familiar with various design and architectural patterns
- Familiarity with Domain Driven Design and Event Sourcing would be advantageous
- Knowledge of concurrency patterns in C#
- Familiarity with Microsoft SQL Server
- Familiarity with NoSQL
- Knack for writing clean, readable C# code
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes, including ORM frameworks
- Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Familiarity with development pipeline and release management tools
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
About RapidDeploy Inc.
- Strong revenue growth (20x+ in last 12 months) & huge recent customer wins (e.g., State of California)
- Fast-growing, passionate, mission-driven team – we care about saving lives through technology!
- Offices in Austin, TX and Cape Town, South Africa
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance options, with benefits that kick in on your first day! Benefits are highly subsidized by RapidDeploy Inc.
- In addition to 8 observed holidays, RapidDeploy employees receive 20 days of PTO and unlimited sick leave.
- RapidDeploy is a well-funded, venture backed growth company
RapidDeploy is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status
Notice: RapidDeploy’s hiring policy prohibits hiring from existing or prospective customers.
Read Full Job Description