Senior Operations Engineer at Khoros
At Khoros, our passion is to help the world’s best brands create customers for life. We build products we’re proud of, and we’re passionate about customer success. As part of the Vista Equity family, you’ll receive best in class development opportunities and the ability to work with customers like Samsung, HP, Sony and Visa.
The Khoros engagement platform comprises Online Community, Social Media Management and Messaging products for social customer service, social support and social media marketing teams to listen, respond and act on customer conversations – creating deep relationships and fostering brand loyalty and advocacy.
Khoros is seeking a Senior Operations Engineer to add to our Engineering team. The mission of a Senior Operations Engineer is to become an expert in all areas of our infrastructure, from AWS to kubernetes to our datastores.
The ideal candidate is somebody with years of experience building, operating, and managing modern cloud architectures and infrastructures, ideally with a focus on container orchestration tools like Kubernetes. Additionally, they bring deep knowledge and expertise in datastores such as Cassandra, Elasticsearch, Kafka and MySQL. They also understand the importance of continuous observation and monitoring of the entire platform and being the place where problems are solved, not passed off.
We’re a team that believes in working and growing together with kindness - you should believe in that too.
Some Responsibilities Include:
- Managing and evolving Kubernetes clusters
- Using configuration management tools (Chef, Ansible) to reliably build infrastructure and keep it up to date
- Administering AWS resources, in particular EC2, S3, Kinesis, RDS and Elasticache
- Monitoring and maintaining datastores such as Elasticsearch, MySQL, Cassandra, Kafka
- Automating tasks with custom software (Python, Ruby)
- Mentoring and helping earlier-career team members
- Assisting engineering teams with infrastructure consultation
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years of operational experience with open source tech like Kubernetes and Docker
- 4+ years of experience with datastores such as Cassandra, Elasticsearch, Kafka, and MySQL
- Configuration management with Chef, Ansible, Puppet or similar tech
- Experience building and maintaining infrastructure in a cloud environment
- Experience managing and maintaining AWS infrastructures
- 4+ years of professional programming experience
- Experience building and managing CI/CD pipelines (Jenkins preferred)
- Experience using monitoring and observability tools such as DataDog, Prometheus and Grafana