Senior Partner Sales Engineer
BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores at a fraction of the cost to support every stage of their growth.
The Senior Partner Sales Engineer (SE) is a high impact, high visibility role facilitating the sales growth of the company. The SE works closely with our Account Executives and Channel Account Managers throughout the sales process assisting with product demonstrations, recommending solutions and providing industry and product expertise to our prospects. In addition, the SE acts as a product evangelist, educating the sales team on product, implementation, training, and services best practices. Demonstrating our solutions both in virtual and live meetings is required as is ensuring that our Account Executives have the technical support they need throughout the sales cycle. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
What You’ll Do
Act as a subject matter expert
- Become fluent in competitive positioning and be effective in differentiating BigCommerce
- Become a trusted advisor and the voice of our prospects and partners to Sales and Marketing teams
Consult with Sales Executives, Account Managers, and Prospects
- Educate prospects on BigCommerce solution by providing a consultative, best practices approach including analysis and analytics to match prospect’s business and technical requirements
- Conduct needs analysis and technical scoping sessions with prospective customers to gather and document key requirements
- Provide pre-sales technical consulting to Sales staff by participating in online demonstrations, conference calls and site visits with our Account Executives
- Document all customer questions to ensure immediate follow-up on all outstanding issues
- Work closely with the Account Executives to respond to proposals and RFP’s to ensure that all technical information and recommendations address client’s requirements
- Support our partner ecosystem, including Design and Technology partners, in developing custom solutions to meet prospect needs
Advise External Partners and their Clients
- Educate partners on eCommerce recommendations and best practices.
- Assist On-boarding and Account and/or Partner Management Teams with technical troubleshooting assistance and recommendations for partners and prospects during the implementation or integration phase.
- Lead consultative Solution Audits and Code Reviews for top implementation partners.
- Provide pre-sale solution architecture recommendations and information regarding BigCommerce platform integrations with 3rd party applications and systems to continually strengthen our partner ecosystem
- Lead “Voice of the EcoSystem” initiative to accurately represent DSP and SBD product requirements to our Product and Engineering senior leaders and teams. Lead initiatives to facilitate smoother and faster sales cycles as well as higher win rates.
- Collaborate with Product Management, Engineering, Client Services, and Marketing teams to ensure that newly released features are understood and continue to strengthen our value proposition.
Role Model and Innovate
- Serve as an individual contributor leader, role modeling best practices for less experienced peers and navigating complex conversations with business and technical stakeholders.
- Propose innovative concepts and promote new ideas to the Leadership Team to grow revenue, increase client satisfaction and conversion, and drive overall improvements.
Who You Are
- Experienced and Technical
- 5+ years of professional experience, including 3+ years Sales/Solutions Engineering experience within a SaaS platform or eCommerce organization driving adoption of a SaaS-based solution with Partners and their clients
- Experienced in solution architecting, project scoping and product demonstration skills
- Strong Internet, Excel, email, and electronic document management skills required
- Experience with commerce solutions and applications including POS, product catalogs, order management, ERP and payment gateways strongly preferred
- Deep understanding of customer behavior, fundamentals of sales psychology, and a strong grasp of ROI and analytics preferred
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent experience preferred
- Strong technical understanding of CRM, Salesforce preferred
- Sales methodology and Solution selling training a plus
- Business Acumen - You know how businesses work, keep up with relevant practices and trends, and know the competition.
- Driven Achiever - You thrive on challenges and have a proven history of successfully, consistently achieving revenue quotas and objectives, within a complex client acquisition-driven business, preferably in the mid-market or enterprise space.
- Master Communicator - Superior listening, as well as written and verbal communication skills, are a must. You must have an excellent attention to detail and the ability to communicate and present technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Comfortable Around Higher Management - Comfortable with a consultative presentation to C-level business executives as well as detailed, in-depth discussions with a technical audience. You comfortably present without undue tension and nervousness and can determine the best way to get things done with them by talking their language and responding to their needs.
- Collaborative Influencer- You have demonstrated success working cross-functionally with internal stakeholders and third party vendors and are able to skillfully negotiate wins while maintaining strong relationships.
- Organized - You can marshal the resources you need to get things done, simultaneously manage multiple priorities and/or projects, and deliver key milestones on time.
- Effective Prioritizer - You value time and use it effectively and efficiently, quickly zeroing in on the critically important items, putting the trivial aside, and sensing what will help or hinder accomplishing a goal.
- Customer Focused - You want to deliver the best experience possible for future and current customers, as helping our customers’ businesses grow is the #1 goal at BigCommerce.
- Problem Solver - You have great critical thinking skills and are an expert at finding the information necessary to complete a piece. You can see hidden problems, probe sources for answers, are excellent at honest analysis, look beyond the obvious, and don’t stop at the first answer.
- Composed - You know how to execute consistently in a fast-paced, high pressure, dynamic environment and carry out self-directed responsibilities.
- Flexible - You not only cope with change, but you also thrive on it and can shift gears comfortably.
- Personable - You are seen as positive, energetic, and exude a strong sense of teamwork by working effectively, respectfully, and efficiently with all team members.
- Technical Learner - You pick up on technical things quickly, enjoy learning new skills and knowledge, and are adept at staying ahead of the curve on the relevant industry, company, product, or technical knowledge.
- Ethical - You believe in our mission, share our values and understand that it’s not just about what you get done, but also how you do it.
- Travel Flexible - Ability to travel domestically or internationally as needed. This job may require upwards of 20% - 30% travel to support prospects, partners and industry events which may require overnight stays or week-long stays at locations (depending on project).
We have the opportunity to build not only a great business, but a great company, with soul. Our beliefs and commitment to diversity and inclusion are a central part of achieving that.
Our dedication to diversity and inclusion is grounded in two things: a moral belief in the dignity, value, and potential of every individual, and a practical belief that diverse, inclusive teams will create the best outcomes for our customers, partners, employees, and company. We welcome everyone to be a part of our journey.