Senior PHP Engineer at Adobe
Trusted by more than 260,000 businesses worldwide, Magento Commerce (an Adobe company) is the top tier provider of cloud commerce innovation to merchants and brands across B2C and B2B industries, and now a strategic pillar of the Adobe Digital Experience solutions set. Adobe is known for its vibrant, dynamic and rewarding culture where personal and professional fulfillment and company success goes hand in hand. We take pride in creating outstanding work experiences, encouraging innovation and being involved with our employees, customers, and communities. We invite you to discover what makes Adobe such a phenomenal place to work.
Click this link to experience A Day in the Life at Adobe: http://www.adobe.com/aboutadobe/careeropp/fma/dayinthelife/Position Summary:
Adobe’s Magento Community Engineering team is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join the team. We are seeking a web application framework expert to help implement complex features of the Magento system and lead open-source projects. Magento has a community of 6K active contributors, was recently named the #1 most active PHP GitHub repository, and has a long history of delivering many successful open-source software projects.What you will do:
- Lead Magento community driven projects and drive the team of senior software engineers
- Work and own the team of outside contributors on architecture, implementation, delivery and release of new Magento framework features
- Implement prototypes, write high-level designs, work with product owners on collecting and verifying requirements
- Lead refinement/grooming meetings with development teams, use best practices, articulate ideas and market them across team and organization
- Be responsible for the design, development, testing, troubleshooting, measurement, optimization, and improvement of software, new products, and code libraries across platforms
- Lead application/framework/service design efforts, optimizing for quality, testability, and scale
- Use appropriate and relevant programming languages and technologies to write code and test/deploy to meet business requirements
- 6+ years of industry software development experience
- B.S. or M.S. in CS or related fields
- Comprehensive knowledge of PHP frameworks, OOP/OOD, backend architecture, system design, and Scrum
- Strong programming skills including experience in PHP, Java or other object-oriented programming (C++, Python)
- Experience with various testing frameworks
- Experience with Agile development methodologies
- Positive work attitude, self-motivator, quick learner, and a standout colleague
- Must be willing to develop software using PHP almost exclusively
- 5+ years experience with Magento framework
- Comfortable with taking reasonable amounts of risk
- Communicates clearly with the team and management to define and achieve goals
- Working experience with AWS, ElasticSearch, MySQL, PostgreSQL, PHP, Linux
At Adobe, you will be immersed in an exceptional work environment that is recognized throughout the world on Best Companies lists. You will also be surrounded by colleagues who are committed to helping each other grow through our unique Check-In approach where ongoing feedback flows freely.
If you’re looking to make an impact, Adobe's the place for you. Discover what our employees are saying about their career experiences on the Adobe Life blog and explore the meaningful benefits we offer.
Adobe is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.