Senior Privacy Engineer at RapidDeploy
Sorry, this job was removed at 1:12 p.m. (CST) on Tuesday, July 14, 2020
Join a purpose-driven, fast-growing enterprise software company that is working to transform 9-1-1.
The power to do remarkable things when it matters most is the heart of 9-1-1 and public safety. At RapidDeploy, we believe that regardless of size, geography or budget, everyone in public safety should have access to the data they need when it matters most to save more lives. That’s why, since 2016, our mission has been to reduce emergency response times and improve public safety. We are the industry’s only truly open and integrated emergency response platform with a portfolio of web-based cloud solutions that includes analytics, mapping, dispatch and first responder applications.
Over the past year, we have signed four state contracts and our software has been deployed in more than 350 9-1-1 centers across the U.S. We have increased our annual recurring revenue by more than 20X. We’re hiring passionate team members to help propel us into the next stage of growth.
The Senior Privacy Engineer will be the individual primarily accountable for identifying, advising on, investigating and mitigating privacy violations and/or exposures in our products. This role will require the engineer to develop and maintain documentation of all teams across the business, be the technical advocate for privacy decisions and discussions across the company and serve as the single point of contact for data privacy and trust. The engineer will report to the Chief Information Security Officer and work with others in Security Engineering such as penetration testers and engineers as well other groups within RapidDeploy such as Quality Assurance, Product Management, and Architecture.
- Establish governance for both privacy and overall engineering documentation practices such as data flow diagrams, data types/structures, and other technical requirements
- Build and maintain documentation on the data practices of RapidDeploy focused primarily supporting engineering and software development and infrastructure operations
- Play a critical and technical role in driving code, infrastructure, and architecture reviews
- Define and articulate a clear vision for privacy throughout the organization supporting both privacy and business objectives
- Put policies, processes, and procedures for data governance and privacy into operation
- Develop automation in support of privacy and trust focusing on software application development and infrastructure operations
- Work with product and engineering teams to ensure that RapidDeploy’s data collection and usage practices are transparent, respect privacy, and mitigate risk
- Identify and resolve potential data challenges and privacy concerns discovered throughout the product and software development lifecycle
- 4+ years of technical experience in one or more of the following areas: Software Architecture, Cloud and DevOps, Penetration Testing, and/or Information Security applied to Cloud and Big Data environments
- 2+ years using software security tools such as Source Code Analysis and Software Composition Analysis
- 2+ years of work supporting Infrastructure as Code (Terraform preferred)
- 2+ years of work in configuration management using tools such as Ansible or Puppet
- Practical subject matter expertise in General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), and data encryption and anonymization
- Previous experience in agile and the ability to integrate with full-stack teams
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) - ISC2
- Certified Data Privacy Solutions Engineer (CDPSE) - ISACA
- Certified Information Privacy Technologist (CIPT) - IAPP
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Security Engineer Associate
About RapidDeploy Inc.
- Raised Series A financing from GreatPoint Ventures, Samsung NEXT & Tao Capital
- Strong revenue growth (20x+ in last 12 months) & huge recent customer wins (e.g., State of California)
- Fast-growing, passionate, mission-driven team – we care about saving lives through technology!
- Offices in Austin, TX and Cape Town, South Africa
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance options, with benefits that kick in on your first day! Benefits are highly subsidized by RapidDeploy Inc.
- In addition to 8 observed holidays, RapidDeploy employees receive 20 days of PTO and unlimited sick leave.
RapidDeploy is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status
Notice: RapidDeploy’s hiring policy prohibits hiring from existing or prospective customers.
Read Full Job Description