Senior Production Engineer at WP Engine
Since launching in 2010, WP Engine has become the world’s leading WordPress Digital Experience Platform (DXP), now with over 100,000 customers in 140 countries. We’re proud of the technology and service we offer our customers that move their businesses forward faster. At WP Engine, we strive to do the best work of our careers, and feel empowered to do what is right for our customers. We love investing in employee success and uncovering opportunities for you, the best, to get better. 99 percent of employees believe you’re made to feel welcome at WP Engine. Be you. Be here.What's cool about this job.
As a consequence of our focus on the customer, we have been blessed with dramatic growth. This growth provides many opportunities at WP Engine to tackle hard problems at scale, to deliver new products that continue to make WP Engine the platform of choice for online agility. You will be an essential part of taking our platform to the next level both in scale and functionality.
We see our culture as an ambitious advantage and believe that it is meaningful to hire the best and ensure that we provide an environment where the best get better. If you are intelligent, extraordinary at solving problems and communicating, a hard worker, and an excellent teammate, you may be the engineer that we are looking for.The day to day.
- Design, write, test, integrate, and maintain programmatic solutions that measurably reduce toil and perform at scale
- Solve complex plus important issues utilizing creative engineering solutions.
- Constantly look for opportunities to automate and optimize
- Partner with leadership to define, document, and communicate technical details in support of Production Engineering
- Regularly and measurably assess and improve upon the technical skills of your peers
- Give and receive feedback effectively both within and outside of your scrum team
- Partner with other leads to guide technical decisions
- Align with Product and Engineering Management to be a united voice of focus and execution on team objectives
- Work closely with Stakeholders and Product Management to ensure the Production Engineering Team are appropriately engaged in, and aware of, feature/product releases
- Be a dedicated partner to the other members of your team
- Be customer-inspired! Utilize technology in a way that enables positive customer outcomes
- Participate in on-call rotation and determine/implement solutions to reduce production interrupts
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (or a related technical field)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience debugging problems with distributed systems at scale in the cloud
- 3-5 years of experience working in Reliability Engineering or Developer Operations
- 5-7 years of writing high quality, maintainable, deployable, testable, and highly usable automated solutions (in any language)
- Validated history of continuous learning and ability to stay ahead of technology trends
- Natural problem-solving abilities, an inquisitive personality, and an eagerness to seek the challenge of big problems
- Experience coding in Python
- Excels in an Agile environment using Scrum methodologies and standard methodologies
- Experience with Jenkins, Zabbix, Ansible
- Experience in successful mentorship of peers
- Experience working with WordPress
- Compensation (We offer market competitive salaries)
- Health Benefits (100% Paid Employee Medical, Dental, and Vision)
- 401(k) (Make the most of retirement)
- Life and Disability Insurance (100% Paid Life, STD, LTD and AD&D)
- Generous Vacation Time (Who doesn’t like time off)
- Gym membership discount
At WP Engine, we strive to have the broadest possible view of diversity, going beyond visible differences to include the background, experiences, skills, and perspectives that make each person unique. WP Engine is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.