SENIOR QA AUTOMATION ENGINEER
At Drillinginfo, our mission is to provide better, faster decision making support to the oil and gas industry though our data intelligence and analytics products. We are focused on building an agile development culture, that delivers great products to a wide variety of customers. We truly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better workplace for our employees and better products for our clients.
Interested? Read on for more details on what we are looking for.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Define, implement, and automate the testing of APIs and UIs for solutions to customer problems.
- Become part of a multi-disciplinary, collaborative team that’s passionate about shipping great products.
- Write clear, maintainable tests for the front-end, back-end, and everything in between.
- Be autonomous. You take full ownership of your work and take responsibility for every last detail, every step of the way.
- You'll assess and improve our existing automation capabilities into a continuous integration and execution model.
- Implement automation testing best practices, procedures and guidelines for consistency across the organization.
- Provide guidance to other team members who are learning automation technologies.
- Understand application architecture then design and implement test automation strategies to increase software test coverage, software quality and agile team velocity.
- Provide realistic and accurate time estimates for assigned work as requested.
- Define an automation strategy for the entire test group including UIs and APIs.
- Evaluate our current automation tools against other automation tools to make recommendations about what will give DI the most benefit long term.
- Develop, document and revise automation test procedures and quality standards.
WHO YOU ARE
- You have amazing collaboration skills.
- Bachelor or graduate degree in Computer Science, Business Administration or equivalent experience.
- You have at least 5 years of automation experience using Java-Script, Groovy, Ruby, Java, Visual Basic, or Selenium. Preference is Java-Script and Selenium.
- You take the initiative to research and learn new automation tools as needed.
- You’ve shipped multiple releases over the years, and you understand what it takes to build robust automation scripts that are able to be run every build.
- You are familiar with multiple test methodologies and frameworks.
- You know what makes sense to automate and what doesn’t.
- You’re a great communicator. You have the communication skills to help people understand what's necessary to deliver quality products.
- You’re passionate about testing software. You’ll push us to improve our processes, skills, and tooling to help deliver the highest quality products possible.
- Lead design and implementation of test automation and best-practices to improve consistency and efficiencies in testing of product or service components across the broader team.
- You are comfortable with different software tools such as Jira, Git, and Jenkins.
- Familiarity with Protractor and Runscope are a plus.
- Experience with both SOAP and REST APIs is required.
- Experience with SQL is required.
- Experience with Postgres and Kafka topics is a plus.
Does this sound like it was written for you? Please apply and let's talk!