What we do:
TrendKite, named one of Austin’s Top Workplaces by the American-Statesman, is at the forefront of a communications revolution. TrendKite is a growth-stage startup focused on building software to help the world's biggest brands generate, amplify, and measure the impact of their communications.
Thousands of the world’s top brands, including Google, Patagonia, Nokia, Marriott and Hershey rely on TrendKite to manage their digital PR process. The TrendKite platform takes PR and communications programs from analog to digital, enabling marketing teams to integrate their trusted earned media results into all their marketing efforts.
The Senior Quality Assurance Engineer is a technically-oriented role focused on ensuring the quality of the TrendKite product. In addition to building and maintaining a variety of application-level tests, the Senior QA Engineer will think strategically and drive QA platform and tooling choices in collaboration with product managers, development leads, and individual developers. The Senior QA Engineer will make use of their deep knowledge of best-in-class QA techniques and technologies to maintain a high quality product. This may include a mix of manual, crowd-sourced, and automated end-to-end testing. Operationally, they will monitor the effectiveness of our QA efforts, for example tracking test coverage, false positives, and test escapes. The Senior QA Engineer advises management on the risk involved when shipping a release.
What you'll do
- Partner with Product Manager and Dev Leads to develop test strategies to support a new greenfield feature
- Develop and improve QA processes so we can maintain quality at scale
- Integrate with CI/CD systems to ensure that tests are run as part of the development pipeline
- Oversee junior QA Analysts or QA Engineers
- Execute manual tests in Dev/Staging/Production environments as part of test plan
- Develop new Rainforest crowd-source tests to cover new features
- Execute and refine tests so they are stable and give accurate results
- Review ad-hoc pull requests and provide additional testing for development team
Here's what we're looking for
- 5+ years relevant experience in the QA or QE discipline
- Ability to write comprehensive english-language test cases
- Ability to learn complex technical application systems
- Experience using automated front-end test frameworks (e.g. TestCafe or Selenium)
- Familiarity with common SaaS development infrastructure and tooling (e.g. AWS, Jenkins, git)
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Creativity in finding ways to break SaaS applications
- Understanding of modern browsers and their differences
- Technical skill in evaluating, building, and maintaining automated test infrastructure
Consistently named one of the best places to work in Austin, TrendKite employs the brightest, most passionate folks in the tech industry. We’d love for you to join that group!
We build digital PR software for communications, PR and marketing professionals. Digital PR is an exciting, dynamic space with tremendous growth potential. As PR becomes increasingly digital, the entire industry is evolving very quickly, and we’re here to help our customers stay ahead of those changes.
At TrendKite, we pride ourselves on working together as one team, while pushing ourselves and each other to always be improving. We put our customers first in all the decisions we make. Our values are foundational to who we are as a company and drive every decision we make as we continue to build a high-growth business without losing sight of what got us here - our employees and our customers.
We’re headquartered in Austin, with offices in London and Atlanta. We offer a number of great benefits and perks to all our employees, and are always striving to make TrendKite a better place to work every day. Join us!
TrendKite is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.