Senior Quality Assurance Engineer at ESO
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:53 a.m. (CST) on Friday, November 5, 2021
How You’ll Support Our Mission
This individual will be responsible for design, development and execution of test processes, test plans, test setups and test scripts for a suite of products. This includes a variety of applications and products such as web applications, desktop applications, APIs, XML validation, relational databases, reports, and documentation.
ESO is committed to creating accessible software that serves all our users, regardless of situation, technology or ability. We are actively working to increase the accessibility and usability of all our products. We are always looking for individuals who are passionate about creating software that is inclusive and solves all of our user’s needs by ensuring it meets W3C available standards and guidelines.
Reporting to the Senior Manager of Development you will be part of our Product Engineering team.
What You’ll Be Doing - the day to day
· Work in a fast-paced, agile product environment with small, focused teams.
· Design test cases and execute all types of testing (e.g. functional, integration, end-to-end)
· Produce test estimates for testing activities
· Conduct test case reviews and ensure requirements traceability, proper coverage
· Write code to perform automated tests
· Share knowledge and help build skills of other team members
Who You Are - the essentials
· Passionate about quality and must have a strong attention to detail
· 7+ years of functional testing background, including defining test strategy, test planning, test case design, and execution
· UI Test automation experience (e.g. Selenium, Protractor, Cypress)
· Experience verifying functionality of APIs either through automated tests or a tool like Postman.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to understand and relate project status and issues via clear verbal and written means.
Other criteria that is important to list but that will not be included in the job advert
· Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical software requirements, specifications, or governmental regulations
· Ability to act effectively as a senior member of an
Who You Are - the desirables
· Strong analytical skills
· Experience with testing applications developed in .Net and C#
· Ability to understand relational database schemas and SQL queries for data validation
· Experience with SW security (Vulnerability/Penetration) testing
- Experience with JAWS or NVDA
- Experience with keyboard testing 6. Experience with automated testing tools and reports
- Experience with manual testing using a range of assistive technology
Benefits & Perks
ESO offers a comprehensive suite of benefits to promote health and financial security for our employees and their families. For full-time employment you this includes:
- Competitive health plans (medical, dental, & vision insurance)
- PTO (starting at 20 days) & 12 company holidays
- 401(k) with company match
- Telemedicine service provided by ESO
- Savings accounts (FSA, HSA, DCA)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Annual health and wellness reimbursement
- Peace of mind benefits such as life insurance, disability insurance, and worksite benefits
- Paid parental leave, new child program, & flexible parental return-to-work options
- Casual office environments and unlimited office snacks and drinks
ESO is a fast-paced, growing data, technology, and research company passionate about improving community health and safety through the power of data. We pioneer innovative, user-friendly software to meet the changing needs of today’s EMS agencies, fire departments, and hospitals. We’re small enough to be nimble and fun, but big enough to be a great place to work. We serve thousands of customers out of our offices across the US, Canada and Northern Ireland.
Are you ready to Make a Difference? At ESO, we believe in bringing your true self to work every single day. If you don’t match all the qualifications on the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway! We are looking for passionate, innovative, and authentic people to help drive our mission.
In the spirit of ESO’s mission to “Improve Community Health and Safety through the Power of Data,” and in accordance with ESO’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards, ESO requires all United States (US) employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, regardless of if you work remotely or in office unless a reasonable medical or religious accommodation is requested in a timely manner and approved. This policy will help safeguard the health of our employees and customers, as well as the community at large.
All offers are contingent upon a successful background check and compliance with ESO’s COVID-19 Vaccination Policy.
ESO is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We invite you to consider opportunities at ESO regardless of your gender; gender identity; gender reassignment; age; religion; race; national origin; political affiliation; sexual orientation; disability; veteran status; or other non-merit factor.
Read Full Job Description