About H-E-B H-E-B is one of the largest, independently owned food retailers in the nation operating over 400 stores throughout Texas and Mexico, with annual sales generating over $25 billion.Described by industry experts as a daring innovator and smart competitor, H-E-B has led the way with creative new concepts, outstanding service and a commitment to diversity in our workforce, workplace and marketplace. H-E-B offers a wealth of career opportunities to our 109,000+ Partners (employees), competitive compensation and benefits program and comprehensive training that lead to successful careers.
Do you have a:
HEART FOR PEOPLE... a passion for working with others to help accomplish their vision?
HEAD FOR BUSINESS... an ability to leverage technology to produce big-picture solutions?
PASSION FOR RESULTS... a relentless drive for finding the best answer? a desire to see a project through to the end?
We are looking for:
- a bachelor's degree in computer science or information systems
- programming and research skills
- abilities in analytics, time-management, communication, and coaching
- Experience in the following areas:
- Web Services Technologies (REST, SOAP, etc)
- Version Control (Git Required)
- Continuous Integration
- Understanding of relational Databases (MySQL, PostgresSQL)
- Experience with Unit Testing
- Working knowledge of Salesforce APIs (preferred)
- Working knowledge of Scrum framework of Agile Methodology
What is the work?
Design & Development:
- Leverages CoE-approved languages and development tools to communicate with end users, gather requirements, code / configure, maintain, test, and debug modifications to existing applications of basic to medium complexity, or executes the same in the development of new applications
- Leads the development of detailed specifications
- Leads research and fact-finding efforts needed to develop or modify information systems of basic to medium complexity
- Troubleshoots coding / configuration / installation issues of basic to medium complexity; works with software vendors as needed
- Serves as technical lead on projects, enhancements, and initiatives of basic to medium complexity
- Provides work breakdown structures, cost, and resource estimates
- Leads software development efforts (coding, configuration, maintenance, installation, testing, and debugging), managing timelines, and technical documentation
- Identifies, defines, and designs non-functional requirements into solution design, and ensuring implementation
- Creates / contributes to system and application designs
- Uses / contributes to the refinement of CoE-related tools, standards, and training
Training / Mentoring:
- Provides training and guidance to less experienced Partners
- Actively engages and collaborates with broader technical teams to ensure timely and quality solution delivery
- Communicates development status, issues, and concerns to leadership
The Senior Developer is the entry-level job grade for System Administrator. The work:
- Supports enterprise-class applications (those that support a major business function)
- Performs bare metal installation of applications and configures per H-E-B's needs
- Manages all SDLC efforts around bug fixes / enhancements (requirements through deployment), including working with application vendors or (as applications permit) coding / configuring the applications
- Resolves all production support issues, including working with application vendors
- Serves as the applications' technical and functional expert, including having a detailed understanding of the applications' underlying data
What is your background?
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, or equivalent experience
- 6 - 9 years of experience
- Experience in leading the development phases of the Software Development Life Cycle on typical projects (development, integration, and test and implementation)
- Experience in multiple development platforms (client / server, browser, mobile, package, etc.), and knowledge of their unique constraints in order to meet their non-functional requirements
- Proficiency in System administration of at least one enterprise-class application suite
Do you have what it takes to be a fit as an H-E-B Developer?
- Highly skilled in at least one CoE-approved programming language and platform
- Great interpersonal / communication skills (writing, speaking, listening)
- Ability to create and contribute to system / application design
- Function in a fast-paced, retail, office environment
- Travel by car or airplane with overnight stays
- Sit for an extended period of time
- Work extended hours