Senior Security Engineer
What Is Cool About This Job
WP Engine is the world's leading Wordpress-based Digital Experience Platform with more than 90,000 customers, and as such is a complex, cloud-based, and highly-managed service. Our platform offers extraordinary security and scalability along with a standout level of technical support and operational advice for running high-growth sites. If securing the platform that is powering many of the world's most dynamic sites excites you, read on!
Located in our brand new Domain office, come help us shape the way we do security! As a Senior Security Engineers, you will play a critical role in our company and act as domain authority for both internal and external customers. Do you love diving deep into security issues that range up-and-down the tech stack, and helping both technical and non-technical audiences understand risks? We need team members who are unafraid of new challenges - your creativity, passion, and ability to balance business opportunities with technical risks is what we need! You will be consistently designing, delivering, and optimizing a variety of solutions to mitigate security risks and improve the WP Engine platform to be one of the top Digital Experience Platforms in the world.
The day to day
- Create automatable security "detections" for common attack and/or misuse events
- Perform vulnerability testing, risk analyses, and security assessments
- Plan, implement, and upgrade security measures and controls
- Anticipate reasonably foreseeable threats, and reduce their likelihood
- Respond to incidents, including root cause analysis
- Recommend and install appropriate tools and countermeasures
- Act as a Security Team representative with other internal groups, vendors, and customers, while demonstrating a passion for customer service
Your expertise and passion
- 5+ years experience in a security engineer or related role
- Deep Linux experience
- Cloud / virtualization security experience
- Experience of security platforms such as firewalls, intrusion detection and prevention systems, vulnerability scanners, etc.
- Experience with secure coding practices, ethical hacking, and threat modeling
- Understanding of cryptographic algorithms and protocols
- Understanding of OWASP Top 10
Deep experience in one or more of the following:
- Threat management
- Vulnerability Management
- Monitoring and Detection
- Incident Response
- Threat Hunting
- Penetration Testing (including web applications)
- SANS GIAC, OSCP, CISSP, etc.
The perks & benefits
- Compensation (We offer market competitive salaries)
- Stock Options (Every employee is an owner in the company)
- Health Benefits (100% Paid Employee Medical, Dental, and Vision)
- 401(k) (Make the most of retirement)
- Life and Disability Insurance (100% Paid Life, STD, LTD and AD&D)
- Generous Vacation Time (Who doesn't like time off)
- Transportation (Downtown parking or commuter reimbursement)
- Lunch (Provided Monday – Thursday)
- Gym membership discount
- WP Engine is an Equal Opportunity Employer. As a US employer, WP Engine is required to verify all employees, regardless of citizenship or national origin, are eligible to work in the United States.