Senior Security Engineer
Come join our highly-collaborative team and help us secure the platform that drives many of the world's most popular sites!
WP Engine, the leading PaaS for WordPress, has a global customer base of 100,000 customers with over 500,000 websites. Our platform consists of thousands of digital assets that span multiple, major cloud providers, and we internally use hundreds of business applications. We have hundreds of employees in offices across North America, Europe, and Australia.
WP Engine Security is the team who secures it all and we need your help!
Our Team's Non-Negotiable Expectations:
- The WP Engine platform is secure. Period.
- Customer data is protected from unauthorized access. Period.
- WP Engine's security culture and practices enable the achievement of its business objectives. Period.
WP Engine Security makes this happen, every day, 24x7x365, and we have a lot of fun doing it - read on!Your Expertise and PassionYou love to collaborate, influence, educate, and negotiate with our internal stakeholders. You give others the benefit of the doubt and avoid black-and-white thinking when it comes to risk. You are creative, expressive, and strive for solutions where everyone wins. You love to build strong partnerships across the company and seeing others succeed.
- 5+ years experience in a security engineering or related role (analyst, consultant, etc.)
- Deep LAMP and Cloud experience
- Experience with typical security controls such as firewalls, intrusion detection and prevention systems, vulnerability scanners, etc.
- Understanding of OWASP Top 10 and typical defenses
- Advanced ability to communicate clearly and influence others
- SANS GIAC, OSCP, CISSP, etc.
- Compensation (We offer market-competitive salaries)
- Stock Options (Every employee is an owner in the company)
- Health Benefits (100% Paid Employee Medical, Dental, and Vision)
- 401(k) (Make the most of retirement)
- Life and Disability Insurance (100% Paid Life, STD, LTD and AD&D)
- Generous Vacation Time (Who doesn't like time off?)
- Transportation (Downtown parking or commuter reimbursement)
- Lunch (Provided Monday – Thursday)
- Gym membership discount
- WP Engine is an Equal Opportunity Employer. As a US employer, WP Engine is required to verify all employees, regardless of citizenship or national origin, are eligible to work in the United States.