Senior Security Engineer
At CrowdStrike we’re on a mission - to stop breaches. Our groundbreaking technology, services delivery, and intelligence gathering together with our innovations in machine learning and behavioral-based detection, allow our customers to not only defend themselves, but do so in a future-proof manner. We’ve earned numerous honors and top rankings for our technology, organization and people – clearly confirming our industry leadership and our special culture driving it. We also offer flexible work arrangements to help our people manage their personal and professional lives in a way that works for them. So if you’re ready to work on unrivaled technology where your desire to be part of a collaborative team is met with a laser-focused mission to stop breaches and protect people globally, let’s talk.
About the Role
Help us protect CrowdStrike and its customers from the most advanced threats! CrowdStrike’s Product Security team breaks the mold of traditional internal security and focuses on active threats to CrowdStrike’s products. As a Security Engineer you will perform technical security assessments of current and new systems, monitor for emerging vulnerabilities, create tooling for known gaps, and deploy large-scale security/monitoring systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Advocate for best-security practices to engineering organization.
- Provide security guidance to engineering teams for COTS and custom implementations.
- Asses current threat landscape and business needs to prioritize workload effectively.
- Examine systems and applications to understand current security posture.
- Applicable experience in a security role implementing and supporting security systems in heterogeneous cloud environments
- Experience working with Linux and/or other Unix-like variants
- Scripting capabilities shell, Python, Perl, Ruby, or some other automation system
- Protocol knowledge of TCP/IP, HTTP, applied Cryptography, others
- Experience supporting fast-paced, forward looking, SaaS provider
- Experience supporting operational systems and CI platforms
- Knowledge of IaaS cloud platforms and highly concurrent systems
- You’re a clear thinker and efficient communicator
- technical security certifications or academic background a plus.
Benefits of Working at CrowdStrike:
- Market leader in compensation and equity awards
- Competitive vacation policy
- Comprehensive health benefits + 401k plan
- Paid paternity and maternity leave, including adoption
- Flexible work environment
- Wellness programs
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats
We are committed to building an inclusive culture of belonging that not only embraces the diversity of our people but also reflects the diversity of the communities in which we work and the customers we serve. We know that the happiest and highest performing teams include people with diverse perspectives and ways of solving problems so we strive to attract and retain talent from all backgrounds and create workplaces where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work.
CrowdStrike is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.