Senior Security Engineer at RetailMeNot, Inc.
Who You Are
- 5+ years professional experience.
- 3+ years in DevOps, cloud administration, software development, or IT administration; you've spent at least two years in role working on cloud security related projects.
- Are you a software developer? Great! That's not required, but we do require proficiency in at least one language, preferably Python.
- You are adept in a cloud platform, preferably AWS. You're very comfortable with performing cloud administration tasks.
- Curiosity and a passion for learning new skills and technologies. You also like to stay up to date on security attacks and defenses, technology platforms, and industry trends.
- You love to automate and deploy technology to simplify complex manual processes. Solving big problems at scale is your idea of fun.
- Phenomenal communication and teamwork skills. You can apply security fundamentals to unfamiliar problem domains and explain technical issues to a non-technical audience.
- Experience in privacy and the protection of personal information; an understanding of compliance (HIPAA, CCPA, etc.) is highly desirable
- A Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent STEM field, or equivalent work experience.
- Security certifications such as CISSP, AWS, CCSP, OSCP, or GIAC are preferred.
What You'll Do
- Be a crucial part of the RetailMeNot InfoSec team - successfully bridging the gap between application developers, infrastructure teams, and business owners.
- Demonstrate a high degree of flexibility as you work on security challenges and risks. You'll deliver quality solutions while coaching and mentoring other team members on prioritizing security.
- Support infrastructure, operations, and product teams in building and maintaining secure resources and applications deployed in Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Google Cloud Platform (GCP), as well as other services.
- Participate in and influence overall system design and architecture in order to engineer systems for security and efficiency. Continuously advocate for improving quality and engineering process and practices.
- Make security threats and risks visible and clear by aggressively reviewing and analyzing security log data and disseminating results and trends.
- Respond to security incidents, calmly and professionally investigating, assessing, and communicating impact and severity; you'll keep your head in the middle of a crisis as you assist the business in formulating and coordinating appropriate remediation efforts.
Who We Are
- We have an open environment where team members are given a lot of responsibility and the freedom to make a huge impact
- We have lots of smart people to collaborate with and learn from
- We believe in helping you achieve your career goals
- We award you with prizes, bonuses, and recognition for doing what you love
- We have a great open and flexible vacation policy
- We'll provide you with food, food, and more food
- We provide competitive base and bonus packages, a Long Term Incentive Plan, and great health and wellness benefits including a best-in-class parental leave policy
- We also provide cell phone and fitness reimbursements
- We'll take care of your downtown parking or provide transportation reimbursement if you'd rather walk, bike, or use public transportation