Senior Security Researcher - Latin America
CrowdStrike is the leader in cloud-delivered next-generation endpoint protection, threat intelligence, and pre- and post-incident response services. With the ability to collect and process over 100 billion events a day, CrowdStrike has revolutionized endpoint protection by being the first and only company to unify next-generation antivirus (AV), endpoint detection and response (EDR), and a 24/7 managed hunting service — all delivered via a single lightweight agent. We are one of the World's Most 50 Innovative Companies according to MIT, and one of Forbes Most Promising Companies. Our growth and innovation are driven by incredible employees who deliver unmatched customer success.
We have received a number of exciting awards including:
- October 2018: 100 Best Medium Workplaces Second Year in a Row by Fortune magazine.
- June 2018: Closed over $200 million, led by General Atlantic, Accel and IVP, with participation from March Capital and CapitalG (Google), achieving a valuation of more than $3 billion.
- April 2018: CrowdStrike Wins SC Award for Best Security Company Second Year in a Row
Senior Security Researcher (Latin America)
CrowdStrike Intelligence, a core component of CrowdStrike, is seeking a Security Researcher with Portuguese and Spanish language skills to focus on collecting information and tracking adversaries and tools, tradecraft, and techniques in a wide variety of targeted environments. This position serves as an important support role to ongoing analysis of actors, adversaries, geopolitical developments, and transitional issues in Latin America and globally. This position is instrumental in providing unique insight into finished Intelligence products used by CrowdStrike customers and stakeholders.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Report raw intelligence that responds to established standing and ad hoc requirements in support of nation state, e-crime, and hacktivist activity.
- Employ secure operational tradecraft methods and practices.
- Track threat actors in various Spanish and Portuguese focused communities. Assess quality and credibility of operators, toolsets, and other offered services.
- Identify current and emerging cyber threats and trends including technical information as well as geopolitical and transnational events/issues surrounding Latin America.
- Collaborate on analytical reports and threat estimates related to Latin American cyber security topics.
- Collaborate with different areas of the Intelligence Team to share knowledge and increase quality of work product.
- Collaborate with teams across the CrowdStrike organization to provide regional expertise and gather information for finished intelligence products.
- Motivated self-starter with experience in targeting a wide variety of Latin American focused online environments, to include hidden sites/forums.
- Strong Portuguese and Spanish language skills, particularly reading and writing. (Minimum 3+/3+ level proficiency or equivalent)
- Familiarity with Portuguese and Spanish internet colloquialisms and regional dialects.
- Understanding of technical terminology, tools, and tactics employed by threat actors.
- Comprehensive, practical knowledge of research/collection tradecraft and analytical methods.
- Understanding of the current geopolitical and transnational events and issues surrounding Latin America.
- Additional foreign languages (French, Italian, and others)
- Prior intelligence community or cyber threat intelligence background.
- Undergraduate degree or military training and experience in cyber intelligence, general intelligence studies, security studies, political science, international relations, etc.
- Other technical security certifications or academic background a plus.
Benefits of Working at CrowdStrike:
- Market leader in compensation and equity awards
- Competitive vacation policy
- Comprehensive health benefits + 401k plan (US only)
- Paid paternity and maternity leave, including adoption
- Flexible work hours and remote friendly environment
- Wellness programs
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats
- Peer recognition
- Inclusive culture focused on people, customers and innovation
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, community service events
CrowdStrike believes that diversity and inclusion among our organization is essential to our success as a global company, and we seek to attract, retain and empower the industry’s best and brightest from a diverse talent pool.
CrowdStrike is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.