Senior Site Reliability Engineer
Procore is seeking to grow its Site Reliability Engineer team at our growing Austin, TX office. As a Senior Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) here at Procore you will be part of the overarching DevOps team that encompasses release, operations, security and foundational application challenges for a large cloud-based enterprise application for the construction industry.
You will be challenged to deliver best-in-class availability, scaling and performance for our application. You’ll design and code robust tools, utilities, and cloud infrastructure to automate away last month’s work and free up focus time for next month’s challenges.
You will work with our developers, software engineers, researchers, and product teams to automate infrastructure, help scale current products, and automate tedious process out of existence.
Our current tooling includes AWS lambda functions in Rust, Go, and Python, server configuration automation with Salt, Puppet, Ruby/Rake, and bash, workload encapsulation through Docker, and orchestration with Kubernetes.
This position is based in our Austin, TX offices located at the heart of downtown. We’re looking for candidates to join us immediately.
What you'll do:
- Work with product teams on design and implementation of large-scale distributed systems.
- Engineer software to automate operational tasks.
- Bring ideas to life to help make the lives of engineers better.
- Help our developers with some of their hardest problems.
Some examples of our projects:
- An easy to use chat-based deployment tool with all our patterns baked in
- Command line tool to dissect network capture on a Postgres server for use in debugging and optimization
- Using Terraform, Puppet, and AWS SM to create “idempotent infrastructure” in our cloud computing environment
- A Rust-based tool for orchestrating deployments through the QA lifecycle
- Chat-based incident communication, reporting, and management tool written in Elixir
What we're looking for:
- 5 - 10 years experience in Site Reliability and/or a combination of DevOps and Development
- Obsession with automation and instrumentation
- Experience managing large scale cloud-based enterprise infrastructure
- Passion for writing clean, readable, maintainable code (our DevOps use HCL, Rust, Go, Ruby, and Python)Insatiable knowledge seeker
- Ability to decompose complex systems and discover failure scenarios (our DevOps pair with developers to design robust, fail-open, scalable architectures for their applications)
- Proficiency and substantial experience of three or more of the following technologies:
- Operating Linux servers from the command line (Debian/Ubuntu a plus)
- Highly-available Webservers (Apache httpd or Nginx)
- Optimizing and Administrating Relational Databases (PostgreSQL or MySQL)
- Maintaining In-Memory Caches (Memcache, Redis)
- Implementing Full Text Search clusters (ElasticSearch, Solr)
- Hands-free configuration automation (including Puppet, Ansible, Chef, Salt)
- Proficiency in production support of one or more of the following application architectures:
- Cloud-native Platform-as-a-Service(AWS, Azure)
- 3-tier MVC web applications (e.g. Ruby on Rails/Django/Phoenix in front of PostgreSQL, MySQL)
- Containers and Container Orchestration (Docker, Kubernetes)
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, retail centers, airports, housing complexes and more. At Procore, we have worked hard to create and maintain a culture where you can own your work and are encouraged and given resources to try new ideas. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore. Our headquarters is located on the bluffs above the Pacific Ocean in Carpinteria, CA, with growing offices worldwide. To learn more about our team, click here.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: competitive health care plans, unlimited paid vacation, stock options, employee enrichment and development programs, and friends & family events.