Senior Site Reliability Engineer
Bestow is a smarter approach to life insurance using big data and technology to bring simple and affordable coverage to everyone.
Who We Are
First thing you need to know; Bestow is not your typical insurance company. We’ve completely reimagined industry assumptions, and harnessed technology and big data to create life insurance products that aren’t just delightful to use, but deliver on our mission: to make financial products accessible to more people than ever before.
Check us out at hellobestow.com
Who We’re Looking For
“Innovative” and “disruptive” can be overused words. But at Bestow, it isn’t jargon, it’s an
everyday rally cry. We are rewriting the rules of the 400-year-old, $7 trillion life insurance
industry, serving communities who have been underserved in the past, and we believe the
future is a bright one.
So, if you’re excited by the idea of building an industry-defining brand from scratch, working at a
mission-driven company, and fundamentally shaking up an age-old industry, read on, friend.
As a Senior Site Reliability Engineer you will automate cloud resources, implement developer tooling, and make changes to our products to increase their manageability.
You should be able to define technical design and implement work independently.
You should have prior experience with systems administration and cloud service automation.
Bestow engineers are great teammates. You will be spending half of your time embedded with a product team. We do this so that you can get to know the specific needs of our product teams and ensure we build useful tooling. The remainder of your time will be spent with other Site Reliability Engineers working on cross-cutting projects. As such, you have exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
Do you want to build products to reinvent a centuries old industry? If so, we'd love to hear from you.
Challenges on which you can expect to work:
Cloud Infrastructure Projects
We believe that all cloud infrastructure should be treated as code. Modifications go through code review and are executed via CI tools.
Automate cloud infrastructure via tools like Terraform and Atlantis;
Administer our software platform including Kubernetes, BigQuery and PostgreSQL;
Evaluate, design and implement solutions for continuous integration, continuous delivery and DevOps productivity.
Ensure Reliability of Our Software
Great software is more than product features. It simultaneously considers non-functional concerns like security, maintainability and extensibility. You are responsible for ensuring:
Collaborate with product engineers to identify observability/configurability gaps and make code-level improvements;
Creating tooling to improve the developer experience, enabling them to deliver business value faster and more effectively;
Manage runbooks for incident response;
Measure operational performance and make gradual improvements.
We're Seeking Someone Who Has:
- 4+ years of site reliability, systems administration or DevOps experience
- Professional experience with container orchestration systems (Kubernetes, Swarm, Rancher, ECS, etc.)
- Professional experience with a cloud hosting platform (GCP preferred)
- Professional experience with Terraform Atlantis experience a plus
- Professional experience administering a CI/CD platform GitOps experience a plus
- Experience with Python 3 and Golang
- Proficient in a scripting language such as Bash, Python or Ruby
- Experience with distributed systems and microservices
- Clear, concise written and verbal communication
- A desire and willingness to learnInitiative and motivation to make things happen
What We Can Offer You:
- Competitive salary
- Generous PTO
- Flexible schedule and work/life balance
- 100% company-paid health, dental, and vision insurance
- Choose your own computer setup (Mac or PC)
- Office snacks and weekly team lunches
- Team building events and activities
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Read Full Job Description