We are looking for a Senior Site Reliability Engineer to join our SRE team. We define the systems and services that allow RetailMeNot development teams to have a low-friction deployment experience, with always-on monitoring, and the fault-tolerant infrastructure. SRE works on defining Service-Level Agreements (SLAs), leading incident response, practicing blameless post-mortems, and automating processes to reduce operational toil.
As a member of the team, you'll be responsible for delivering highly scalable and resilient cloud deployment and provisioning solutions. You will be exposed to technology like Kubernetes, Prometheus, Helm, Terraform, and others. You will help automate and streamline the company's operations and processes through innovations in application monitoring and alerting, CI/CD modernization, and other efforts.
Are you a software engineer with a real passion for delivering and automation opportunities? Are you looking to join an organization with a well-established SRE culture? Start here!
Who You Are
- You have a Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent STEM field, or equivalent work experience.
- You have at least 4 years of SRE or DevOps experience.
- You have deep understanding of AWS and cloud architectures/services.
- You have experience writing code with Python, Shell, Go, Java, or similar languages.
- You have expertise within the container and container orchestration space (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.).
- You have worked with infrastructure provisioning tools like CloudFormation, Terraform, Chef, Puppet, or others.
- You have enabled CI/CD pipelines using tools such as Jenkins, AWS Code Pipeline, Gitlab, or others.
- You bring a deep understanding and application of computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, and design patterns.
- You understand networking protocols (TCP/IP, HTTP, DNS, etc).
- You have a track record of delivering successful solutions and collaborating with others.
- You have strong interpersonal skills and can explain SRE concepts to a wider audience.
What You'll Do
- You'll be working closely with Docker and Kubernetes to containerize applications and provision infrastructure.
- You will investigate new technologies and tools and recommend those that best fit the team and organization.
- You will champion SRE methodologies around monitoring, distributed tracing, deployment strategies (e.g. canary, sandbox), and logging.
- You will identify and execute on opportunities to optimize existing systems, improve infrastructure, and eliminate work through automation.
- You will educate other engineering teams and advocate for scalable and maintainable architectural decisions.
- You will participate in our on-call rotation for production services.
Who We Are
- We hire smart people and give them the autonomy to be creative in how they impact the business.
- We embrace Diversity and Inclusion as core values and have a thriving program to support it throughout the company. We give back to the community and support multiple Austin events and organizations with like-minded goals.
- We have an extraordinary open vacation policy.
- We offer a generous leave policy for new parents as well as 401k matching.
- We provide lunch four days a week, breakfast twice a week, all the snacks you could dream of, and have our own coffee bar run by trained baristas.
- We reimburse expenses for cell phone service and gym memberships.
We offer an opportunity to be an integral part of a company that eagerly pursues disruption in its space to continue to drive innovation and lead the competition. Benefits of being an employee of RetailMeNot, Inc. include, but are not limited to the following:
- Competitive base & bonus packages; salary negotiable
- Long Term Incentive Plan
- Performance based rewards & recognition for your hard work and service
- Very competitive benefits packages, including best-in-class parental leave
- Open & flexible PTO
- Cell phone & gym membership reimbursements
- Fully stocked break room & onsite catered breakfasts & lunches multiple days/week
*Some rewards do not apply to contract workers or interns.
RetailMeNot, Inc. is a leading savings destination bringing people and the things they love together through savings with retailers, brands, restaurants and pharmacies. RetailMeNot makes everyday life more affordable through online and in-store coupon codes, cash back offers, discount gift cards, and the RetailMeNot Genie browser extension. Savings are also provided in consumers’ mailboxes through the RetailMeNot Everyday™ direct mail package, and at the pharmacy with RxSaver by RetailMeNot.
RetailMeNot is a wholly owned subsidiary of Harland Clarke Holdings. http://www.retailmenot.com/corp or follow @RetailMeNot on social media.
U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Information
At RetailMeNot we celebrate difference. We are committed to ensuring an environment of mutual respect for every employee and proud to be an an equal employment opportunity employer who does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We believe a diverse and inclusive workplace is central to our success and actively seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse pool of candidates. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us align with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.