Atlassian is continuing to hire with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. Everyone new to the team, along with our current staff, will temporarily work from home until it is safe to return to our offices.
As a Site Reliability Engineer on our Buyer Experience team, you will build solutions to enhance availability, performance, and stability of Atlassian's marketing and e-commerce systems. You will respond to alerts and investigate issues in our marketing platform, and look for opportunities to continuously improve our systems. You will work on monitoring, data collection, configuration management, disaster recovery planning, capacity planning, and platform automation for internal tools and customer-facing services. The best person for this role is someone that has a collaborative spirit - in our world, it’s not about being a hero and having all the answers, it’s about sometimes saying "I don't know" and working on finding solutions rather than starting with an assumption. The team needs someone who can ask questions, learn from others and turn chaos into order.
This role would be a great fit for someone with creative and innovative problem solving skills with a willingness to take responsibility for the code you write all the way to production. You will develop and implement solutions that operate at scale - seeing your own technology efforts directly improve the reliability of our products. Our teams are empowered and expected to improve our products to truly deliver a reliable experience to customers. You will own development efforts in each and every sprint from planning to delivery to realize this goal and collaborate with different teams to review code.
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- Expertise in monitoring distributed cloud services with tools like Signal FX and Splunk
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot customer-facing service outages - bonus points for leading a team of engineers during this
- Experience diagnosing and resolving problems in high-throughput web applications
- Expert level troubleshooting skills across different levels of the stack
- Understanding of Linux systems
- Hands on experience with cloud infrastructure such as AWS
- Exposure to and maintenance of configuration management and orchestration tools at scale
- Experience with distributed version control (Git)
Nice to haves:
- Experience managing a content management system
- Knowledge of and experience building synthetic (e.g. Selenium) checks for UI functionality
- Experience with container management and micro-services architectures such as AWS ECS or Kubernetes
- Understanding of ITIL terminology for incident and problem management
- Management and troubleshooting of a continuous integration pipeline
More about our team
We are a growing team within the marketing organization that supports all web marketing efforts at Atlassian. You will play a critical role as you support the reliability and performance of our most important marketing channels, including atlassian.com. bitbucket.org, statuspage.io, opsgenie.com and more. You will work closely with the web developers on the team supporting the development workflow to help them iterate rapidly while keeping stability and reliability as your north star.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.