Senior Site Reliability Engineer at GoDaddy
GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. With 20 million customers worldwide, GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company visit www.GoDaddy.com.
This role can be located remote in the Phoenix area with ability to travel to the AZ offices (Gilbert, Tempe, Scottsdale) as needed.
Join Our Team
As a member of the Corporate Security & Resilience team, you will assist in developing a culture of safety, security and resiliency in partnership within the GoDaddy Physical Security Systems Organization.
The right individual will be self-driven, cares about maintainability of the code, is passionate about automating manual processes, and delighting customers via innovation. You will go beyond development and help to craft the engineering culture & standard methodologies here at GoDaddy.
What you'll get to do...
- The ideal candidate will support key system level activities in the deployment of state-of-the-art systems
- Be the owner of the physical security systems technical architect, networking, monitoring, databases, infrastructure and configuration management.
- Lead the effort in scaling GoDaddy’s physical security systems infrastructure/platform, availability, reliability, efficiency and enabling continued global expansion and by solving operational challenges via software and automation.
- Ability to program to solve problems and automate repetitive tasks
- Debug complex issues found in production between multiple systems or services.
- Conducts high quality, detailed design reviews with subject matter experts across the organization and incorporates feedback rigorously. Shares designs with broader audience.
- Acts independently to establish repeatable methods and procedures to reduce or eliminate blockers and dependencies. Learning to resolve these for the team.
- Aid in the development and implementation of job automation, running batch jobs, running SQL scripts, reviewing logs, system and application monitoring, maintenance, patch management, software upgrades, file transfers, backups, incident/problem troubleshooting and support of physical security systems.
- Performs operational support responsibilities including application maintenance, application configuration and performance tuning, account management, installation of software upgrades, user support, and systems monitoring.
- Ensures that the application layer is optimally configured for seamless integration and operability with OS, database, middleware, network, Web services, and other interrelated technological components.
- Performs application health checks to ascertain application accessibility, server availability, capacity planning, monitor scheduled job, batch jobs, systems alert, upstream/downstream feed status.
- Responds to incident tickets, user inquiries and services requests.
- Monitors system alerts, system utilization thresholds, capacity utilization on servers etc.
- Works with the application vendors to acquire knowledge of the vendor's planned changes, existing problems and known errors, corrective action and work around alternatives, and technical support capabilities.
- Works to understand critical path items and build Health check metrics and dashboards.
- Understands tooling for debugging and maintaining the applications (APM, Log Aggregation, etc.) they work on, and actively learns new tooling as it comes online.
- Proficient at using development tools (IDE, browser tools, Git, etc.).
- Understands in general technologies and techniques used in demonstrated automation.
- Can identify trends and participate in the formulation of remediations to negative trends.
Your experience should include...
- Experience working with Microsoft SQL Server and PowerShell or other scripting languages
- Solving production issues in a large-scale environment.
- Knowledge of virtualization technologies like: KVM, OpenStack, Virtuozzo, VMware, Xen, etc.
- Embrace DevOps and Agile methodologies
- Familiarity with: Mainstream Open Source technologies
- Industry-standard storage solutions like: Isilon, Nexenta, NetApp, etc.
- Awareness of monitoring technologies and methodologies like: Sensu, Moogsoft, Site24x7, etc.
- Practiced with RESTful APIs.
You might also have...
- Passion for data science and data quality. Or, are keen to build data science muscle.
- Experience operationalizing or operating large scale, highly available, and self-healing distributed systems.
We've got your back...
Enjoy our many benefits (My Wallet), including paid time off, 401k, equity grants and parental leave. Join one of our employee resource groups (Culture). Continue to have a side hustle, if you have one (we love entrepreneurs, remember?). Most importantly, come as you are and make your own way.
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at [email protected]
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.