Senior Software Architect
What you’ll be called: Senior Software Architect
Where will you work: KWRI Headquarters—Austin, TX
Named one of the Best Places to Work in Austin, TX and with more than 180K agents worldwide, Keller Williams Technology Group is the foremost provider of real-estate solutions, offering the most comprehensive end-to-end portfolio of products, services and training in the industry. Our passionate and experienced team converts agent challenges into opportunities in the areas of: relationship management, collaboration, transaction management, education, and consumer engagement. All in support of enabling agents to drive greater intimacy in the relationships they have with their customers and enabling consumers to chart their own customer journey.
Who we’re looking for:
Our ideal Senior Software Architect is passionate and committed to delivering solutions to our agents. You are an experienced candidate who is adept at architecting systems designs. As our Senior Software Architect, you have a startup mentality and can quickly research new integrations and technologies. You have extensive technical depth of knowledge and support of high performing solutions.
What you will do:
As our Senior Software Architect you will partner with the Product Team to execute our agent’s technology visions. You will be in responsible for systems design, technical architecture, code review, technical standards and governance across the entire portfolio of applications. In a typical day, you will design solutions with the Lead Developers, document architectures, and convey the technology strategy.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Define architectural strategy with modernizing and optimizing processes and platforms
- Deliver micro-services using rapid development and visual designs
- Serves as architectural reviewer to the application development teams
- Understands client & business partner feedback and works strategically with technology partners to evolve enablement to create competitive advantage
- Build relationships with key partners in a highly matrixed environment
- Provide strong leadership to a geographically dispersed team
- Assess current state, desired capabilities and greatest opportunities for impact
- Writing project documentation and its support
- Creating unified development standards in the company
- Manage risk identification and risk mitigation strategies associated with the architecture
- Plan for new technology insertion
- Strong knowledge of application architecture and design
- Ability to innovate and transform large mission critical applications
- Hands on experience in building enterprise solutions
- Seasoned technologist with track record of performance for influencing sophisticated business partners with competing priorities
- 10 years of relevant experience in software development
- 5 years of related work experience in technical architecture, solution/application architecture, or application development
- Work with senior level engineers and architects to set the technical direction and strategic objectives
- Experience designing and developing scalable and highly available cloud based solutions on AWS, Azure or GCP.
- Experience with multiple database technologies including MySql, Postgres, MongoDB, ElasticSearch and GraphQL.
- Experience designing for large scale, highly available, fault tolerant transactional and analytical system in a dynamic environment
- Proven experience in building microservice or SOA architectures
- Proven technical knowledge of infrastructure components such as Network, Storage, Linux/Windows, Application knowledge of Java, .Net, and IT security.
- 2 years Docker experience; Kubernetes a plus
- Able to handle changes in priority and requirements, without loss of enthusiasm.
- View challenges as an opportunity to improve the solution, the technology and the effectiveness of the team
Who are we?
Austin, Texas-based Keller Williams, the world's largest real estate franchise by agent count, has more than 1,000 offices and 180,000 associates. The franchise is also No. 1 in units and sales volume in the United States. In 2015, Keller Williams began its evolution into a technology company, now building the real estate platform that agents' buyers and sellers prefer. Since 1983, the company has cultivated an agent-centric, technology-driven and education-based culture that rewards agents as stakeholders.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We're driving growth and innovation at the global headquarters
of the world's largest real estate franchise company!
When you join KWRI, you join a diverse team of passionate professionals who are redefining the global real estate industry. We support and innovate on behalf of over 170,000 Keller Williams real estate professionals worldwide.
We are writers, coaches, developers, designers, accountants, filmmakers, planners, lawyers and philanthropists. Each of us are trailblazers with the incredible opportunity to make a meaningful difference in the direction of this fast-growing company.