Senior Software Developer Engineer in Test
Bestow is a smarter approach to life insurance using big data and technology to bring simple and affordable coverage to everyone.
Who We Are
We’re not your typical life insurance company. We’re on a mission to bring life insurance within reach to more people than ever before. To get there, we had to reimagine traditional industry assumptions, letting technology and big data lead the way. The result? Magnitudes of improvement over the status quo. And we’re just getting started.
Check us out at hellobestow.com
Who We’re Looking For
We’re looking for self-starters who want to make a big impact at one of the fastest growing tech startups in Texas. The ideal candidate is data driven and brings new ideas to the table but also works collaboratively.
As a Senior Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) you will write software to test product functionality and performance. Your work is a critical part of our continuous delivery pipeline. Do you love collaborating with product managers, engineers and designers to ensure we build high-quality software? We'd love to hear from you.
Challenges on which you can expect to work:
Requirements and Test Planning
You will work with engineers and product managers to understand requirements and flesh out user stories with acceptance criteria. You will bring clarity to expectations. Once requirements are understood you will prioritize our automation initiatives and ensure comprehensive test coverage.
Your principle responsibility will be building automation platforms and test cases to ensure the quality of our products. This includes:
Browser-based UI tests using tools like Cypress/Selenium;
HTTP API testing;
Performance testing using tools like Gatling/Locust.io
Using your knowledge of test methodologies you will coach engineers on ways they can ensure quality in their code. For instance, recommending improvements to unit tests during code review or suggesting performance increases for integration test suites.
Do you love measuring what you build? You will define, measure, and communicate metrics that represent our product quality. These metrics help us know we're focusing on the right things and continually improving.
We're Seeking Someone Who Has:
- Professional experience with web browser automation tools like Cypress or Selenium
- Professional experience with SAAS testing products like BrowserStack and SauceLabs
- Professional experience with build systems such as BuildKite, Gitlab, CircleCI or Jenkins
- Experience with Docker
- Experience with Cloud Hosting providers (Google Cloud Platform preferred)
- Ability to create a roadmap of test projects and lead them to completion
- Performance testing experience (gatling, locust.io, etc) a plus
- A desire and willingness to learn
- Clear, concise written and verbal communication
- Attention to detail
- Initiative and motivation to make things happen
What We Can Offer to You:
- Competitive salary
- Generous PTO
- Flexible schedule and work/life balance
- 100% company-paid health, dental, and vision insurance
- Choose your own computer setup (Mac or PC)
- Office snacks and weekly team lunches
- Team building events and activities
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.