Senior Software Developer
If you love the fast-pace and high energy of the Austin start-up scene and you are looking for a role that allows your work to have a direct impact on a company’s success, come talk to us. We are looking for a Senior Software Developer to add to our expanding engineering team!
ScaleFactor is working to pioneer big change in our industry, and we need people that enjoy venturing into uncharted territory and blazing a trail with innovative solutions. We are a high-growth organization that combines trusted experts with intuitive software to solve businesses’ accounting and finance needs. Our trusted experts review businesses’ monthly financial statements to ensure accounts are accurate and healthy so owners and operators can focus on running their businesses. Our in-house team draws on their vast experience to provide skilled solutions to help business owners conquer their most complex financial needs.
You possess the entrepreneurial drive & spirit to thrive in a fast-paced, evolving environment. You have the passion and skills to create high-quality products. You are goal oriented, self-motivated, tech-savvy and possess a can-do attitude and approach. Your adaptability, resourcefulness and versatility drive results that have a direct impact in all areas of ScaleFactor, now and in the future.
Responsibilities will vary significantly month over month, some of which will include the following day-to-day activities:
- Contribute to the design and development of product features
- Help build out ScaleFactor’s development platform
- Showcase logic/solution-driven thinking
- Take the initiative in a team leader role where needed
- Work with product and other internal teams to build cross-team functionality and troubleshoot issues
Current Tech Stack is: Rails, Ember.js, and Postgres
- 3 to 7 years of relevant experience
- Web application experience is a must
- Experience with Rails and working with Rails APIs
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Experience designing software and/or the capability to build maintainable, future-focused software
- Experience solving large application and user level problems such as performance and scalability
- Experience writing bootstrapping/extensible applications
- Experience with web security
- Experience with SQL, and familiarity with databases such as Postgres
- Lots of debugging experience
- BS in computer science, engineering, or related field is preferred
- Experience with Ember.js is a plus
- Come work at one of Austin’s Best Places to Work in 2017 & 2018 - Amazing culture, dynamic office, and work alongside the best and brightest in the industry
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Health, dental, and vision benefits package
- Unlimited vacation, flexible hours & optional work offsite days
- Stock options
- Unlimited cold brews (Cuvee coffee)
- Dog and cat friendly offices located in hip East Austin
If this role describes you, we look forward to receiving your complete application online!
- Your resume highlighting skills and credentials required for this position