Senior Software Developer
NSS Labs, Inc. is the global leader in operationalizing cybersecurity, empowering enterprises by providing relevant information to reduce the operational burden of cybersecurity and address crucial gaps in their cybersecurity efforts. Our unmatched and well-respected foundation in security testing, along with our enterprise research and global threat analysis capabilities, provide the basis for our CAWS Continuous Security Validation Platform, an advanced platform that substantiates the effectiveness of enterprise security controls and uncovers unmitigated risks to enterprise systems. Using fact-based threat data and objective risk information, CAWS enables businesses to strengthen their cyber risk posture, continuously validate their security controls and take timely action to mitigate threats to their Operating Systems and applications. CISOs, Chief Security Architects, SOC and Threat Analysts, and SOC and information security professionals from many of the world's largest and most demanding enterprises rely on trusted insights from NSS Labs. For more information, visit www.nsslabs.com.
NSS Labs is looking for a Senior Software Developer who is passionate about building innovative products that scale to thousands of users a day. NSS Labs offers developers a complex development ecosystem with short release cycles. You will be part of our security platform development team—a growing group of full-stack engineers with a diverse background, bringing a variety of skills and perspectives to the table. You will have a direct impact and hands-on role in building out our Continuous Security Validation platform. Your fresh perspective is important to our growth.
- Work on our core BaitNET platform that serves as the foundation for all our user-facing apps, exposes functionality via APIs, and implements integration points for external services.
- The candidate must work well with others and have in-depth knowledge in the .NET Framework and C# programming language. This role will involve analytics and big data processing, so experience with NoSQL and MapReduce implementations will be useful.
- Learn the architecture of the platform and assure that the architecture is maintained as features are added to the system.
- Collaborate with Project Managers, Architects and other departments to develop both new and expanded functionality to existing applications to provide delivery of the platform according to schedule.
- Mentor other developers on the team and ensure the design and coding standards already in place are maintained.
- Build a distributed, scalable SaaS platform that serves high request volumes and maintains service levels to satisfy some of the world’s largest enterprises.
Required Skills and Experiences:
- 5+ years of experience with C# and the .NET Framework.
- Extremely high code sense with the ability to write clean code with minimalistic and simple, object oriented implementations.
- Expert knowledge of object oriented programming and design patterns.
- Proficient with asynchronous programming, concurrency, and parallel tasks in C#.
- Experience building highly scalable distributed systems.
- Experience in designing and creating APIs that are managed wrappers to native APIs.
- Experience with a distributed messaging system like ZeroMQ, RabbitMQ, and ActiveMQ and the ability to identify the strengths and weakness of each.
- Experience building relational data models and exposing them to applications via a language-appropriate object representation.
- Experience dealing with high volume of data and experience with NoSQL databases.
- Experience with the following software: Microsoft Visual Studio, ReSharper, GIT, JIRA, Windows XP/Vista/7/8,8.1,10.
- Familiarity with the Windows API (WinAPI).
- Familiarity with Hypervisors (ESXI, Hyper-V).
At NSS Labs, we hire innovative and talented individuals with a passion for leading-edge technology. We have a culture of innovation, where quality, originality, and “thinking outside the box” are encouraged. Our leadership fosters professional growth and support, all within a fast-paced environment.
Located in Austin, Texas, NSS Labs offers its team members competitive compensation, medical and dental, and 401(k) benefits. If you feel you have the passion, dedication, and expertise that match our unique company, apply to join our team!
Third party resumes are not currently being accepted. NSS Labs, Inc. will not pay a fee for unsolicited resumes.