What we do:
Cision is a leading global provider of software and services to communications and marketing professionals. Our flagship product, the Cision Communications Cloud, is an industry-leading comms platform that delivers best-in-class earned media monitoring and analytics, a comprehensive media and influencer contact database, newswire distribution, business results attribution capabilities, and much more.
A Senior Software Developer has significant proven technical experience within the structure of a Software Development team. They are the local experts for particular systems, and are looked to for advice, solutions, and accurate estimates for at least one system. They apply a wide range of advanced development principles, theories, concepts and techniques. The Senior Software Developer is capable of delivering solutions to highly complex problems with minimal technical guidance and direction. These complex technical solutions often have a measurable business or system performance impact, while issues and/or schedule delays result in negatively impacting system performance, business KPIs and/or planned initiatives.
- Deeper proficiencies and self-sufficiency in multiple technical areas
- Contributes to team’s technical vision, and design and direction for marquee features
- Independently determines technical solutions
- Demonstrates sound judgement in taking risks, managing workload, escalating issues and concerns
- Follows company core values and helps create and drive team processes and standards
- Effective and continuous communication and collaboration with other teams, departments and their managers
- Provides sound technical guidance and level of effort estimates on a wide range of initiatives
- Advanced capabilities with logging, alerting and monitoring techniques and principles
- Significant contributor to overall platform performance and health
- Provides mentorship and guidance to others on numerous aspects of designing, building, implementing and troubleshooting our platform
- 5-7 years of relevant technical experience
- Demonstrated mastery of Software Developer role through consistent feature delivery
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, related technical field or commensurate industry experience
- Significant system performance improvements to critical functionality
- Developing large portions of significant, new functionality (such as Crawler or Real Time Alerts)
- Advanced bug fixes
- Autonomous On Call Support Rotation leadership and problem solving
- Backend Team Examples: Creating an entirely new service (e.g. : Duplicate, Date Extraction, Article, etc.) or pipeline component (e.g.: ES, Trait, TermFreq, etc.). Adding a new data source (e.g. : Financial Times, RSS, etc.)
- FrontEnd Team Examples: Provide material input, design, prototyping and estimations for large features (e.g. the next generation of dashboards and reports). Investigate, test, and rollout upgrades to web tools and frameworks (e.g. React/Redux)
- Full Stack WebApp Team Examples: Creating an entirely new integration or mechanism for the web application. May involve use of new technology or significant refactoring of existing mechanism(s) (e.g., Story Kit, Business Wire integration). Refactoring existing views and/or services to improve performance, scalability independence (e.g., moving SearchRequestService out of Grails).
Cision employs the brightest, most passionate folks in the tech industry. We’d love for you to join that group!
Cision's recent acquisitions of startups TrendKite and Falcon.io provided the company with additional innovative technology and a focus on user experience that sets the company's software apart from anything else in the comms industry. With these additional capabilities, the next generation Cision Communications Cloud platform delivers an improved user experience, more intelligent and interactive reporting, and better campaign execution for PR and comms teams.
By investing in our brand, our team, and our technology, we are leading a revolution in the PR and communications industry. We invest in our people through training and professional development and we empower them to grow their careers - because the most important measure of our success is yours.
Cision Ltd (NYSE: CISN) is a leading global provider of earned media software and services to public relations and marketing communications professionals. Cision software allows users to identify key influencers, craft and distribute strategic content, and measure meaningful impact. Cision has over 4,000 employees with offices in 22 countries throughout the Americas, EMEA, and APAC. For more information about its award-winning products and services, including the Cision Communications Cloud, visit www.cision.com and follow Cision on Twitter @Cision.
Cision is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or other protected statuses.
Cision is committed to building an environment where all employees are set up to thrive and reach their full potential. We believe diversity, equity and inclusion is vital to driving our culture, sparking innovation and achieving long-term success. Cision is proud to have joined more than 600 companies in signing the CEO Action for Diversity & Inclusion™ pledge, the largest CEO-driven business commitment to advance diversity and inclusion within the workplace.
EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V, 41 CFR 60–1.4