Want to help save local entertainment scenes? And help people have a great time (at home for now)? Then you should consider joining our team, where you’ll get to build software that does just that.
We spent the last 10+ years building strong local brands in 20 cities (Do512, DoNYC, Do312…). Pre Covid we were driving 43 million event attendees and $2.2 billion in spending a year.
Post Covid, we’ve had a lot of success switching to help people find stuff to do [at home] that keeps them connected to their local communities. But, what we’re really focused on now is how do we help cities and our music venue/bar/cultural-arts… partners open back up when it’s safe.
How do we preserve the places that make our cities magic? And ensure a place for DoStuff at the center of local entertainment for decades to come.
As a Senior Developer you’ll take a leading role in building the product that makes it possible: Daily Event Listings (IRL and virtual), our Subscription Product, Email Newsletters, Data…
- 5+ years of experience building real world applications
- Strong Ruby skills (Rails 3+)
- Experience with React, Redux and ES6
- Experience with SQL and relational databases (MySQL, Postgres)
- Experience building and deploying applications on AWS
- Ability to take a project from start to finish.
- Focused on maintainable / clean solutions (but not a perfectionist)
- Self directed/motivated and not afraid to stretch
- Care about local entertainment scenes
Extra Nice If You Have Experience With
- Email Newsletters
- Coaching junior front-end developers
- Ability to build something truly meaningful - and have active say in how it’s done
- Work remote, or in our most excellent South Lamar office compound (once safe)
- Competitive salary, benefits, and meaningful equity
- A group of co-workers across the country that love what they do, and are refreshingly appreciative of the product team
It’s not going to be easy, but it’s going to matter - and it’s going to be fun. We’re more bullish than ever about the future of DoStuff as we inevitably emerge from Covid induced slow down.
LET’S BUILD. TOGETHER.