Senior Software Development Engineer - Mac Sensor
At CrowdStrike we’re on a mission - to stop breaches. Our groundbreaking technology, services delivery, and intelligence gathering together with our innovations in machine learning and behavioral-based detection, allow our customers to not only defend themselves, but do so in a future-proof manner. We’ve earned numerous honors and top rankings for our technology, organization and people – clearly confirming our industry leadership and our special culture driving it. We also offer flexible work arrangements to help our people manage their personal and professional lives in a way that works for them. So if you’re ready to work on unrivaled technology where your desire to be part of a collaborative team is met with a laser-focused mission to stop breaches and protect people globally, let’s talk.
About the Role
CrowdStrike Falcon Host is a two-component security product. One component is a “sensor”: a driver installed on client machines that observes system activity and recognizes malicious behavior, then provides on-box prevention capability and remote telemetry to the Falcon Host cloud. The sensor processes thousands of events per second to provide deep visibility into operations on the endpoint, and performs rich correlation and computation to identify malicious events and blocks malicious activity.
The cloud component aggregates sensor telemetry for each customer’s network, correlates malicious behavior across multiple machines, and presents our customers’ operations teams with a prioritized summary of the threats detected in their environments.
This is a Senior Software Development Engineer (SDE) role in the engineering team that delivers the sensor (lightweight agent) on Mac OS X. SDE’s in the team own design and development of core features on the platform. Features will cross-cut most core OS subsystems such as file system, memory, process, and networking. Many features are also built in a way that they will have shared components across Windows and Linux. The team operates under the Agile development principles and ships frequently.
- Design and develop software for deployment on Mac OS X systems
- Own features from design to delivery
- Collaborate with multi-functional team in various physical locations
- Troubleshoot issues with the product as reported from customers responsively
- Other projects as assigned
What You’ll Need
- Can develop high-quality code in C/C++ and can demonstrate that capability, be it through job experience, schoolwork, or contributions to community projects
- Experience on Mac OS X developing product code with the following characteristics:
- high concurrency requirements needing strong use of multi-threading
- high reliability requirements
- detailed requirements on low-level operating characteristics (memory usage, efficient performance, correct conformance to external standards)
- Experience working on a team to ship major features and releases
- Able to communicate, collaborate, and work effectively in a distributed team
Benefits of Working at CrowdStrike:
- Market leader in compensation and equity awards
- Competitive vacation policy
- Comprehensive health benefits + 401k plan
- Paid paternity and maternity leave, including adoption
- Flexible work environment
- Wellness programs
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats
We are committed to building an inclusive culture of belonging that not only embraces the diversity of our people but also reflects the diversity of the communities in which we work and the customers we serve. We know that the happiest and highest performing teams include people with diverse perspectives and ways of solving problems so we strive to attract and retain talent from all backgrounds and create workplaces where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work.
CrowdStrike is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.