Senior Software Development Engineer (Packaged) - Kronos at Whole Foods Market
Whole Foods Market attracts people who are passionate—about great food, about the communities they live and work in, about how we treat our planet and our fellow humans—and who want to bring their passion into the workplace and make a difference. The Whole Foods Market Tech Team is looking for people who also want to bring their expertise and passion for technology to drive innovation and support Whole Food’s strategic vision.
The Enterprise Back Office Systems and Support team is seeking a Sr. Software Development Engineer (Packaged). This person Build, optimize, and maintain simple to complex Kronos integrations, interfaces, and reporting. Proactively find inefficiencies in current integrations/interfaces, it’s impact on performance, suggest enhancements, and present proposals to leadership
Must possess an excellent technical aptitude, written and oral communications skills and the ability to deal effectively with people in a wide variety of situations. Additionally, they must possess strong analytical skills with demonstrated problem solving ability. Previous experience exercising initiative, judgment, and diplomacy required. Proven ability to operate in fast-paced situations, successfully handle multiple priorities, and possess a high level of discipline while remaining flexible. Possess excellent people skills dealing with all levels of a team environment. Must have individual accountability and ownership.
You will coach and mentor other team members and work closely with peers and business partners to increase the efficacy and performance of our software solutions. Along the way, we guarantee that you’ll learn a ton of fun and make a positive impact on key tech initiatives. Most importantly you’ll be contributing to our Higher Purpose of Nourishing People and the Planet!
- Build, optimize and maintain simple to complex Kronos integrations, interfaces, and reporting
- Be the key Subject Matter Expert (SME) for Kronos integration, interfaces, and reporting to participate in determining the right technology solution to meet strategic business initiatives
- Demonstrate solid understanding of SaaS environments and appreciation of Uptime and Service Level Agreements (SLA)
- Proactively find inefficiencies in current integrations/interfaces, it’s impact on performance, suggest enhancements, and present proposals to leadership
- Work closely with the business and tech stakeholders to determine integration and reporting changes needed during system upgrades and deployments
- Develop, manage, and maintain positive relationships with vendors and consultants to address support and project activities
- Provide support in leading projects as defined by leadership, which includes leading meetings, providing regular project updates, and adhering to project deadlines
- Maintain strict confidentiality of employee information and help to drive data security
- Develop and enhance working knowledge through training, independent research, and experimentation
- 4+ years of Kronos Workforce Integration Manager (WIM) experience
- 4+ years of experience implementing, and developing T-SQL (SQL Server/Oracle/etc.)
- 4+ Experience with Kronos WFC Product Suite (Timekeeping, Scheduling, Forecasting and Budgeting)
- 2+ Experience with enterprise web service methodologies and tools like DellBoomi, oAuth, SOAP Postman MuleSoft and PilotFish
- 2+ Experience with C#, Python, Powershell, ASP.NET and MVC
- 2+ Experience with SQL,SQL Server, and T-SQL
- Good communication skills and the ability to collaborate with teams
- Experience delivering in an Agile environment
- Experience with JIRA and Smartsheet is a plus
- Proficiency in making decisions by consistently proposing quality solutions and answers to issues based on data
- Ability to quickly react and adapt to changing priorities
- Ability to translate the functional requirements to technical requirements
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, including how to use Pivot Tables, VLOOKUPs, and other functions necessary to conduct ad-hoc data audits
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Information Systems or a related area preferred
At Whole Foods Market, we provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all Team Members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, marital status, disability, or any other legally protected characteristic. Whole Foods Market hires and promotes individuals solely based on qualifications for the position to be filled and business needs.