Senior Software Development Engineer in Test (Developer Tooling Platform Team) at BigCommerce
BigCommerce’s mission is to help merchants sell more at every stage of growth, from small startups, to mid-market businesses to large enterprises. We focus on being the best ecommerce platform so our customers can focus on what matters most: growing their businesses.
We are equally passionate about growing our employee’s careers and providing them an incredible experience as we rapidly expand across the globe. We are proud to have been recognized numerous times for our product and workplace culture. We empower our people and customers to build, innovate and grow, so together we can redefine the ecommerce industry.
BigCommerce, named a 2022 "Best Place to Work" in Austin is searching for a Senior Software Development Engineer in Test . You will join the new and exciting Developer Tooling Platform Team that is looking to grow and expand. We are currently a small, distributed team that engages with the entire Engineering organization by crafting and maintaining platform tools that enable BigCommerce Engineers to work faster and to be less encumbered by technical burdens
You will be working with team members to help renew our testing practices and tooling organizationally for our agile teams. BigCommerce offers ways to continually learn new skills and allow you to take ideas from conceptualisation to delivery. This role will include a combination of lifting legacy testing systems up and building out and implementing new testing processes.
What You’ll Do:
- Drive reliable and efficient UI test frameworks
- Research and extend a UI test framework including but not limited to browser testing and visual regression testing
- Work with domain teams to implement new tooling and processes
- Work with domain teams to learn about difficulties in testing and discuss areas for improvement
- Help teams improve their Continuous Delivery pipelines and processes
- Develop and modify web apps related to testing processes and deployment pipeline
- Improve clarity into our testing processes and results
- Mentor more junior team members
- Communicate and improve upon best practices when it comes to quality
Who You Are:
- At least 5 years experience as a Software Engineer or Software Development Engineer in Test
- You’re a trusted engineer who has completed either a comprehensive software engineering boot camp, CS, CE, SW, MIS or equivalent degree, or has relevant work experience
- Opinionated about testing
- Familiarity with a range of testing techniques
- Excited to explore and engage in new languages, tools, and technologies
- Willingness to use the right tool for the job
- Comfortable working on several projects
- Desire to work in a collaborative, open environment on an Agile team as a contributor and mentor
- Highly proactive and results-oriented with excellent critical thinking skills
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you need an accommodation in order to interview at BigCommerce, please let us know during any of your interactions with our recruiting team.
Learn more about the BigCommerce team, culture and benefits at https://careers.bigcommerce.com.