Senior Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) at Bestow
Sorry, this job was removed at 1:15 p.m. (CST) on Tuesday, April 14, 2020
Who We Are
Bestow is a digital life insurance company built on full stack technology and AI. In a world in need of greater financial resilience and protection, Bestow democratizes access to smart financial products and powers some of the world’s leading consumer platforms. We are reimagining and rebuilding a 400-year-old, $7 trillion industry to create a brighter future for millions of families. And we’re just getting started.
The Bestow team is a diverse band of first principles thinkers on a mission to do good. We’re fortunate to be backed by leading investors and partners including Valar Ventures, NEA, 8VC and MunichRe.
As a Senior Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) you will write software to test product functionality and performance. Your work is a critical part of our continuous delivery pipeline. Do you love collaborating with product managers, engineers and designers to ensure we build high-quality software? We'd love to hear from you.
Challenges on which you can expect to work:
Requirements and Test Planning
You will work with engineers and product managers to understand requirements and flesh out user stories with acceptance criteria. You will bring clarity to expectations. Once requirements are understood you will prioritize our automation initiatives and ensure comprehensive test coverage.
Your principle responsibility will be building automation platforms and test cases to ensure the quality of our products. This includes:
Browser-based UI tests using tools like Cypress/Selenium;
HTTP API testing;
Performance testing using tools like Gatling/Locust.io
Using your knowledge of test methodologies you will coach engineers on ways they can ensure quality in their code. For instance, recommending improvements to unit tests during code review or suggesting performance increases for integration test suites.
Do you love measuring what you build? You will define, measure, and communicate metrics that represent our product quality. These metrics help us know we're focusing on the right things and continually improving.
We're Seeking Someone Who Has:
- Professional experience with web browser automation tools like Cypress or Selenium.
- Professional experience with SAAS testing products like BrowserStack and SauceLabs.
- Professional experience with build systems such as BuildKite, Gitlab, CircleCI or Jenkins.
- Experience with Docker.
- Experience with Cloud Hosting providers (Google Cloud Platform preferred).
- Ability to create a roadmap of test projects and lead them to completion.
- Performance testing experience (gatling, locust.io, etc) a plus.
- A desire and willingness to learn.
- Clear, concise written and verbal communication.
- You thrive in a highly independent work culture and are capable of working autonomously.
- You have initiative and motivation to make things happen.
- You always want to sit next to the person who is smarter than you because you value a culture of mentorship and learning.
- You are egoless, hold yourself accountable and you have a thoughtful approach to adopting new technology.
- You are looking to bring your voice and talent to a mission-driven company in ways that help it to grow and expand its reach.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bestow does not currently sponsor applicants for work visas.
Read Full Job Description