GoDaddy powers the world's largest cloud platform dedicated to small, independent ventures. Our mission is to empower entrepreneurs everywhere, making opportunity more inclusive for all. We're a trusted growth partner to over 19 million everyday entrepreneurs worldwide. We're empowering them to change the world if it doesn't quite fit them. To make their idea real. To grow it online. We help them do what they've been dreaming of and make the world they want. To learn more about us visit www.GoDaddy.com.
Location: Remote Canada – Manager located in Hiawatha Iowa
What you'll get to do...
This position is within GoDaddy’s Domains, Registrars and Investors (DRI) organization. We lead the full customer experience after purchase of an internet domain name until either it expires or it is transferred out of GoDaddy. Features include managing a domain name and it DNS resource records; this includes activation, renewal, and attaching additional services such as enhanced ownership protection. Thus, the entire experience of owning of domain with GoDaddy is led by this team.
We are looking a passionate, dedicated software engineer who has a keen understanding of building reliable software solutions at scale to be part of a team that is building new capabilities – in some cases building from the ground up in developing and building software that drives the world’s largest domain name registrar and web hosting provider. This role will be core to building and maintaining applications for a highly successful part of our domains organization.
- Design and drive the implementation of the tech stack for the DRI internal tools team with an emphasis on real-time monitoring and scalability
- Write great code, innovate, and deliver scalable systems using open-source and cloud based solutions fronted with resilient REST interfaces
- Understand all components of the stack in detail to build an end-to-end user experience that is sure to delight users of the platform
- Build extensive monitoring and remediation infrastructure to validate and maintain uptime of services and ensure performance
- Participate in design and code reviews, automated testing, continuous integration and deployment
- Work closely with multiple engineering and operations teams across the company to engineer cutting-edge solutions that allow GoDaddy to answer meaningful questions across multiple platforms
Your experience should include...
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Understanding of algorithms, data structures, and performance optimization techniques for near real-time use cases.
- Experience with current big data technologies (Spark, Kafka, Elastic stack) a plus.
- Understanding of anomaly detection and hands-on experience a plus.Strong interpersonal and communication skills, flexibility, team spirit, quick learner.
You might also have...
- Experience with functional programming languages such as Go, Elixr, erlang … are a plus
- Experience with Windows Server 2012/2016 and CentOS 6+ preferred
- Experience with multiple cloud providers (AWS, GCP, Azure) preferred
- Experience developing high-quality solutions to complex distributed-computing problems preferred.
- Experience with Kubernetes preferred
- Knowledge of relational databases (RDMS) and document-based databases (Mongo, Orient, RocksDB) preferred.
- Familiarity with search and performance technologies (Elasticsearch, Lucene, NewRelic) a plus.
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please contact our Recruiting Team at [email protected]
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.