As a member of ESO’s development team, you will be collaborating with our highly talented engineers and designers to build the next generation of ESO’s SaaS and mobile products. Our developers are passionate about their craft and revel in shipping software that improves patient care. If you are ready to write elegant and innovative code that will affect real change, this is the job for you.
Reporting to the Manager of Development you will be part of our Hospital Engineering team based in our Austin, Texas office.
What You’ll Be Doing - the day to day
You can expect to write code for the browser, the database and everywhere in-between. As a .NET engineer, you will be writing code targeting the latest version of the CLR and we encourage you to think creatively in order to fully utilize the C# language. You will also participate in regular design sessions and code reviews.
Our developers lead by championing a culture of personal ownership and customer focused execution. We love engineers who pride themselves not only on excellent code but excellent end-user experiences as well.
We are an Agile development shop and regularly demo our work to project stakeholders. To support this methodology, we practice continuous integration, embrace open source software, and empower our developers to make informed technology and product decisions.
Who You Are - the essentials
· Experience with C# and the .NET Framework
· Working knowledge of Angular, JSON and other front and back-end web technologies
· Experience with .NET Core
· Experience providing and consuming REST API
· Knowledge of OO concepts and design patterns
· Proficiency in SQL and relational database concepts
· Knowledge of modern .NET web frameworks (WebApi, ASP.NET, etc)
· Exposure to Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment practices
· Experience with unit testing and mocking frameworks (NUnit / Moq / NSubstitute)
· Experience with Git for source control (Gitflow, etc.)
· Experience with Cloud Platforms (Azure / AWS / GCP)
· Familiarity with Domain Driven Design, Event Sourcing, CQRS patterns
Who You Are - the desirables
· Cloud Messaging Technologies (Azure Service Bus, Amazon SQS/SNS)
· Experience with HL7
· Functional programming experience
· Experience with big data designs and concepts
Benefits & Perks
ESO offers a comprehensive suite of benefits to promote health and financial security for our employees and their families. For full-time employment you this includes:
- Competitive health plans (medical, dental, & vision insurance)
- PTO (starting at 20 days) & 12 company holidays
- 401(k) with company match
- Telemedicine service provided by ESO
- Savings accounts (FSA, HSA, DCA)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Annual health and wellness reimbursement
- Peace of mind benefits such as life insurance, disability insurance, and worksite benefits
- Paid parental leave, new child program, & flexible parental return-to-work options
- Casual office environments and unlimited office snacks and drinks
ESO is a fast-paced, growing data, technology, and research company passionate about improving community health and safety through the power of data. We pioneer innovative, user-friendly software to meet the changing needs of today’s EMS agencies, fire departments, and hospitals. We’re small enough to be nimble and fun, but big enough to be a great place to work. We serve thousands of customers out of our US offices and our Belfast, Northern Ireland office.
Are you ready to Make a Difference? At ESO, we believe in bringing your true self to work every single day. If you don’t match all the qualifications on the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway! We are looking for passionate, innovative, and authentic people to help drive our mission.
All offers are contingent upon a successful background check.
ESO is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We invite you to consider opportunities at ESO regardless of your gender; gender identity; gender reassignment; age; religion; race; national origin; political affiliation; sexual orientation; disability; veteran status; or other non-merit factor.
Read Full Job Description