Senior Software Development Engineer at ESO
Sorry, this job was removed at 6:19 a.m. (CST) on Tuesday, November 2, 2021
Site Reliability Engineering is a team dedicated to developing solutions for operations problems and monitoring the overall operational health of ESO’s production systems. As a member of this team you will be collaborating with highly talented operations and development engineers to assist and support the reliability of our production systems. You will be responsible for developing and automating solutions to better support our production systems.
ESO is committed to creating accessible software that serves all our users, regardless of situation, technology or ability. We are actively working to increase the accessibility and usability of all our products. We are always looking for individuals who are passionate about creating software that is inclusive and solves all of our user’s needs by ensuring it meets W3C available standards and guidelines.
Reporting to the SRE Manager of Applications you will be part of our Site Reliability Engineering team based in Austin, Texas.
What You’ll Be Doing – the day to day
You can expect to:
· Developing/Automating innovative and scalable solutions to increase the reliability of our production environment
· Navigate multiple new code bases and integrate applications with APIs
· Work/develop across multiple applications across the entire stack from the front end to the back end services
· This list is not exhaustive
Who You Are - some of the essential things required to be successful in the role:
· 5+ years of experience with an object oriented programming language (C# or Java)
· 5+ years of experience with relational or non relational databases (SQL, MySQL, Cosmos, MongoDB)
· Experience handling JSON and XML data
· Experience with scripting languages (Powershell or Bash)
Who You Are – it’s desirable if you have any of the following;
· Working understanding of WCAG 2.0 and above
· Semantic HTML before using ARIA, if such an element exists.
· Knowledge of and ability to use WAI-ARIA where necessary and mimicking (the equivalent) browser behaviour in script Experience in any cloud platform (Azure, AWS, or GCP)
· Familiarity with ticketing systems (JIRA/Confluence)
· Experience with Git for source control
· Experience with .NET Core/.NET Framework
· Experience with NewRelic
Benefits & Perks
ESO offers a comprehensive suite of benefits to promote health and financial security for our employees and their families. For full-time employment you this includes:
- Competitive health plans (medical, dental, & vision insurance)
- PTO (starting at 20 days) & 12 company holidays
- 401(k) with company match
- Telemedicine service provided by ESO
- Savings accounts (FSA, HSA, DCA)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Annual health and wellness reimbursement
- Peace of mind benefits such as life insurance, disability insurance, and worksite benefits
- Paid parental leave, new child program, & flexible parental return-to-work options
- Casual office environments and unlimited office snacks and drinks
ESO is a fast-paced, growing data, technology, and research company passionate about improving community health and safety through the power of data. We pioneer innovative, user-friendly software to meet the changing needs of today’s EMS agencies, fire departments, and hospitals. We’re small enough to be nimble and fun, but big enough to be a great place to work. We serve thousands of customers out of our offices across the US, Canada and Northern Ireland.
Are you ready to Make a Difference? At ESO, we believe in bringing your true self to work every single day. If you don’t match all the qualifications on the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway! We are looking for passionate, innovative, and authentic people to help drive our mission.
In the spirit of ESO’s mission to “Improve Community Health and Safety through the Power of Data,” and in accordance with ESO’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards, ESO requires all United States (US) employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, regardless of if you work remotely or in office unless a reasonable medical or religious accommodation is requested in a timely manner and approved. This policy will help safeguard the health of our employees and customers, as well as the community at large.
All offers are contingent upon a successful background check and compliance with ESO’s COVID-19 Vaccination Policy.
ESO is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We invite you to consider opportunities at ESO regardless of your gender; gender identity; gender reassignment; age; religion; race; national origin; political affiliation; sexual orientation; disability; veteran status; or other non-merit factor.
Read Full Job Description