Senior Software Engineer, Android
Duo’s mission is to make security simple for everyone. We were born from a hacker ethos and a desire to make the Internet a secure place.
Our roots and values were forged in the Midwest. We believe in enabling and empowering people to follow their passions inside and outside of the office. Collaboration is our standard operating practice, and we actively seek to reduce barriers to brilliance.
Our team is our secret weapon. We run the spectrum from artists to analysts, low-key to high energy, and bring together a diversity of skill sets, experiences, and perspectives to solve what we consider to be the world's most pressing geopolitical challenge — transforming the security industry as we know it.
Together we build solutions that are easy, effective, trustworthy, and enduring. And that’s why we are the most loved and trusted company in security.
What you’ll do…
We’re working on revamping our mobile app and need your help to make sure we’re nailing the user experience of securing our customers. We are looking for a Sr. Android Developer to act as a technical leader to guide our architectural decisions and to work side-by-side with Product Management, Product Design and Engineering. You’ll weigh in on technical priorities, lend your insight in code reviews, coach more junior developers and lead quarter-plus long projects. All while you’re diving deep into the codebase and delivering on your sprint commitments to ensure we continue being the most loved company in security.
Skills you have…
- 5+ years of Android application development experience
- Well-versed in the following areas: Android SDK, Activity lifecycle, rendering views on devices across the Android ecosystem, GCM, Google Play Services
- Android networking libraries (e.g. RxJava, OkHTTP, Retrofit)
- You’re passionate about app performance and automated testing
- You thrive coordinating technical activities across multiple projects
- knowledge of a backend language (e.g. Python, Ruby, Node.js)
3 Reasons why you should apply…
- You grow by having the autonomy to operate in a challenging problem space.
- You work best in teams of high-performers passionate about a common goal.
- You are delighted when your end-users are happy and frustrated when they are frustrated.
This job may not be for you if...
- You stress under the ambiguity of a problem and look to others for “answers.”
- Your first instinct is point out why something can’t be done rather than solving for how to make it happen.
- You tire at the thought of a steady, deliberate pace in both a product and company.
Does this sound like it was written for you? Excellent! Please apply and let’s explore this together.
Duo is committed to cultivating and preserving a culture of inclusion and connectedness. We are able to grow and learn better together with a diverse team of employees. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, innovation, self-expression, and talent that our employees invest in their work represents not only part of our culture, but our reputation and Duo’s achievement as well. In recruiting for our team, we welcome the unique contributions that all potential candidates can bring in terms of their education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, gender identity and expression, nationality, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs.
And if this role is exciting you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet all 100% of the description or qualifications. Finally and most importantly, we are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer.