Senior Software Engineer - Android at GoDaddy
GoDaddy powers the world's largest cloud platform dedicated to small, independent ventures. Our mission is to empower entrepreneurs everywhere, making opportunity more inclusive for all. We're a trusted growth partner to over 19 million everyday entrepreneurs worldwide. We're empowering them to change the world if it doesn't quite fit them. To make their idea real. To grow it online. We help them do what they've been dreaming of and make the world they want. To learn more about us visit www.GoDaddy.com.
Your manager will sit in Carlsbad, CA. We are open CA, WA and remote.
What you'll get to do...
We are looking for passionate software engineers to create mobile experiences that will delight and impress our customers. You will have an active role in creating and supporting the front end experience for our multi-channel communication mobile application that allows users to consolidate various communication channels into a centralized unified inbox. In this role you will be part of a team that is responsible for building new mobile applications utilizing modern design patterns and architecture approaches that will allow for building a seamless mobile user experience with a rich feature set of functionalities for our customers.
Your experience should include...
- Write and maintain native mobile applications in Kotlin
- Participate in all aspects of the software life-cycle
- Apply agile approaches to software development
- Be accountable for code quality and writing unit tests
- Be expected to contribute to architectural discussion
- Perform code review and participate in suggesting and supporting coding best practices
You might also have...
- Passion for using technology to build amazing user experiences
- 2+ years of professional mobile experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarity with native Android mobile development framework and tools
- Familiarity with Jetpack libraries and tools such as AndroidX, LiveData, Data Binding, and Navigation
- Experience with designing, implementing and utilizing RESTful APIs
- Experience working in team environment using modern tools and methodologies
- Experience working in a highly dynamic agile environment
We've got your back...
Enjoy our many benefits (My Wallet), including paid time off, 401k, equity grants and parental leave. Join one of our employee resource groups (Culture). Continue to have a side hustle, if you have one (we love entrepreneurs, remember?). Most importantly, come as you are and make your own way.
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at [email protected]
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.