Who We Are
Realtor.com is your one stop shop for homebuyers, renters, sellers, and dreamers, with comprehensive for-sale listings, insightful information, valuable tools and professional expertise. We’re excited and hungry to make a difference to the millions of people in the US who buy a home each year by delivering beautiful intuitive mobile app experiences.
We are looking for a Sr. Android engineer who would like to make a difference in the products they develop. If you are passionate about building native experiences, designing architectures that scale, writing code with quality in mind and you thrive by collaborating with cross functional teams, you’ll be right at home with us.
About the role...
- Work collaboratively in a cross functional team to contribute and lead each step of the product development process: from ideation to release; rapidly prototyping, experimenting and delivering solutions that can scale to support millions of users
- Define and evolve the architecture, design and implementation of consumer facing experiences using clean architecture principles
- Connects business and consumer problems to proposed technical solutions. Advocates for delivering high quality, resilient and fault tolerant products to consumers.
- Build a stable and scalable architecture using modern patterns to deliver a first-class mobile product
- Mentors and actively seeks to level up their teammates
- Build with testing best practices to enable us to iterate quickly
- +5 years of experience as a software engineer in the tech industry building products at scale
- +3 years of experience developing native mobile applications and working within a team environment
- Strong programming skills and up-to-date knowledge of Kotlin, Java, and the Android SDK
- Strong experience working with Rx, MVVM and android architecture components (ie. Jetpack)
- Experience leading teams, mentoring colleagues, and managing technical projects
- A driven mobile software engineer that is motivated to build great products and a great codebase in a fast-paced environment
- Familiar with mobile product and design lifecycles, and collaborating closely with designers, product managers and backend engineers
- Strong communication skills with a growth and learning mindset
- Strong analytical thinking and ability to make data-driven decisions
- Independent and can manage your own projects and time with ease, all the while setting and managing stakeholder expectations
Nice to haves…
- Interest in or experience with functional programming concepts
- Experience working with Room, Espresso, OkHttp/Retrofit, Maps SDK.