Are you passionate about building software solutions to solve real customer problems? Do you like fast-paced work environments? Are you passionate about modern programming languages, design patterns, and scalable architectures? You’ll be right at home here!
The technology team at realtor participates in research and development of scalable applications. Team also identifies new technologies and trends and how they can enhance our products and business. Our consumers and customers are always pushing us to innovate and grow, so come and help us push the boundaries of what's possible! Work and learn from the world-class talent that promotes a culture of experimentation and learning.
About the role...
- Design, develop, deliver, and maintain features and applications that enable real estate decisions for professionals.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders – including Product Owners regarding user stories, acceptance criteria, the definition of done, and other program-related decisions.
- Develop solutions that are of high quality, scalable, cloud-based, reliable, and reusable
- Optimize our developer toolchain to support instant provisioning of new services and infrastructure, fully automate deployment, and minimize development friction.
- Design and operationalize data pipelines using advanced data architectures deployed on Amazon Web Services. A few examples of technologies we work with on a daily basis: AWS technologies, Microservices architecture, Docker containers, ElasticCache with Redis, Jenkins CI/CD, Java, NodeJS, Python, Rails ... etc.
- Work collaboratively in an Agile/Scrum team to plan and execute at high velocity, and across teams throughout the organization to reuse existing components and architect shared functionality
- Investigate and prototype technologies that can be leveraged to introduce new innovations in meeting business and customer goals
- Participate in process improvement initiatives to improve the quality and timeliness of deliverables with high predictability
- Work in a product development process that is primarily Agile/Scrum
Education, Skills, and Experience:
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related field, or equivalent professional experience
- Back-End development – you can understand and build flexible and scalable backend systems to meet the emerging needs of the business.
- The building complex, robust, and highly scalable production applications.
- Experience with Java, Node.js. PHP, Python, or Ruby on Rails is a bonus.
- Database systems, relational and/or NoSQL
- TDD and test automation.
- Delivering high value to customers quickly, frequently, with regular feedback and support
At realtor.com®, we believe that everyone deserves a home of their own. We’re a community of nearly 2,000 employees that work hard to ensure that from the moment someone starts dreaming about a new home, to the moment they walk in the door and beyond, we’re there to lend a helping hand. Every month, 70 million people trust us with their journey home by visiting our site and mobile apps, and we’d love to have you join our team to help.
We’ve got great offices across Canada and the US and lots of sweet jobs to choose from, so we’re hoping you’ll join us on our journey to make home buying and selling easier, and more rewarding for everyone.
Let’s make a difference, together. For Real.#LI-DW1