Senior Software Engineer - Backend Python at Fivestars
Senior Software Engineer Backend Python
At Fivestars our mission is to help businesses and communities thrive by turning every transaction into a relationship. Over 60 million people use Fivestars to get rewarded at over 14,000 local businesses with one rewards program. Local businesses use Fivestars to bring more customers into their stores with one powerful program. Fivestars drives over $3 billion in local commerce across its network per year. Fivestars has raised $105 million from HarbourVest, Menlo Ventures, Lightspeed, DCM, Y-Combinator, and others. Together, let's love local. Visit www.fivestars.com for more information
As part of the Engineering team at Fivestars, our mission is to deliver applications which impact and improve the day to day lives of small business owners and consumers using our products across our network. In this role you’ll plan, design, and implement new features in our merchant and consumer applications, impacting both our in and out of store experiences.
Who you are:
You’re an experienced back end developer who demonstrates a high level of curiosity and keeps up with the latest technologies. You have developed and maintained multiple APIs throughout the entirety of their lifecycle. You have a strong eye for software design. You want to tackle tough technical challenges and have a desire to impact local businesses and communities.
What you’ll do:
- Maintain a high level of quality in our code bases through well-written automated tests, good architecture and code review practices
- Own, design and code platform integrations and backend systems from start to finish
- Work collaboratively with PMs, vendors, & QA to ensure our products are the best they can be
- Always be shipping software
What we’re looking for:
- B.S. or greater in Computer Science or a related field (math, physics, engineering) and strong CS fundamentals
- 5+ years experience working with modern Python backend frameworks - we use Falcon, FastAPI, and Django but if you have a strong eye for clean modular code then you will fit right in
Fivestars provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Fivestars complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.