We are looking for a Senior Server Engineer to work on the team responsible for all the backend services for the Vivox voice communication service. Vivox is the leading provider of group voice communication for games and beyond. We provide and operate the communication technology for some of the world’s largest games including Fortnite, PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds, and Rainbow Six Siege. Our products are used by over 100M people every month in every country on the planet.
As a Senior Server Engineer you will be responsible for implementing new services and maintaining and updating existing services. At Vivox we regularly provide services to millions of concurrent users so stability, performance and maintainability are critical. As a member of our server engineering team, you will have the opportunity to partner with Product Management to deliver features that meet customer needs, and work closely with Operations to ensure our services can be managed and maintained. You will be part of our on-call rotation, providing critical support for Operations during planned and unplanned events.
- Lead team on design and implementation of new services for the Vivox platform
- Diagnose, optimize and generally maintain existing Vivox services
- Deliver high quality engineering on time and to specification
- Collaborate with Product Management and other cross-functional teams
- Design and code to ensure our products are scalable, resilient and fully tested
- Work closely with other teams both within Vivox as well as other parts of Unity
- Strong understanding of modern server development, threading/concurrency, networking, automated testing
- Experience in building scalable software systems and writing production code
- Experience in handling both legacy code and greenfield development and can make technical recommendations based on the needs of the project
- Experience with databases (no)SQL, as well as, with cloud infrastructure, such as Openstack, GCP, AWS
- Working knowledge of Object-Oriented Languages
- Demonstrated ability to share knowledge and engage in technical discussions with peers, both verbally and in writing
- Deep knowledge building high-performance and high-availability distributed systems
- Experience in game development or social / communication services
- Real time media processing experience
- Experience with C/C++, Golang, Python/Twisted, Erlang/Elixir
About Unity Technologies
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.