Senior Software Engineer, Cloud Services, IAM (Full Stack) at MongoDB
The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $106B+ by 2024!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
The MongoDB Cloud Services Team is a diverse collection of individuals working together to help our users run MongoDB in the Cloud at global scale. The team is responsible for several services including:
- MongoDB Atlas - our database as a service offering and fastest growing product
- Cloud Manager - our hosted monitoring, administration, and performance optimization tool
- Ops Manager - our on-prem management platform that makes it easy to deploy MongoDB on your own infrastructure
We're seeking a Full-Stack Engineer to join the Cloud IAM (Identity and Access Management) team, which is part of the Cloud Core Engineering team. The IAM team's mission is to provide the foundation that forms the basis of an Atlas customer's experience. On the front-end, our work touches every part of the user interface, including registration, login, organization and project administration, and the entire navigation framework. On the back-end, our authentication and authorization framework is responsible for processing every single HTTP request made by the UI and the public API. The engineer in this role can work from our NYC office or remotely within the North America region.We’re looking for someone who
- Has at least 5 years of professional experience building full-stack web applications
- Has extensive experience developing backend systems (with experience in a complied object-oriented language, such as: Java, C#, Go, C++, Node.js, etc.)
- Is eager to solve tough problems in a distributed systems environment
- Has excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Is curious, collaborative, empathetic, and intellectually honest
- Lead medium to large sized projects from specification to delivery
- Collaborate with team members to develop and mature our best practices and core concepts
- Self-manage your project and non-project work, maintaining the balance between accomplishing goals with research & development
- Own our core values and adhere to them in your work
A Full Stack Engineer will be successful in this role when they
- Are willing to learn and contribute to all parts of the stack
- Are open, honest, and willing to contribute and collaborate with others
- Develop confidence in finding their way across the platform
- Can take responsibility for the planning and execution of a major feature, representing Engineering when working with Product Design
- Are resolute in their approach to problem solving, balancing the needs of their team with the willingness to get to the bottom of issues
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.