The Core Business team at RetailMeNot is responsible for the flagship www.retailmenot.com consumer website for both desktop and mobile users. We help over 40 million visitors per month discover great deals and save money at their favorite retailers.
Technical opportunities on the team range across the entire stack. Our full stack engineers write code in all tiers of the system, iterating quickly to deliver new features while maintaining high performance and scalability. They are constantly on the lookout for newer and better technologies to continually modernize and improve the site.
This team is integral to the RetailMeNot business, so we need engineers who can deliver results while understanding the structure of a large system. We provide cross-team leadership that ensures that RetailMeNot code meets a consistently high standard while building the platform to support the future of the company. Your daily activities will involve oversight, mentoring, delivering key pieces of functionality, and collaborating with technology leadership to plan the technical roadmap for RMN.
We are constantly evolving both the software and the teams that deliver it. If you’re someone who enjoys taking on new challenges, working in a rapidly changing environment, learning new skills, and applying it all to solve large and impactful business problems, then we want you to be a part of the team.
Who You Are
- You have an ownership mentality and track record of successful high-quality results. You identify any ambiguous requirements and provide clarity when needed.
- You bring a proven understanding and application of computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms and design patterns.
- You’re proficient with web technologies such as React, Node, PHP, and MySQL, and enjoy learning new ones as they emerge.
- You have an understanding of systems architecture technologies including Linux, Amazon Web Services, and Docker.
- You have experience with common software engineering tools such as Git, JIRA, TeamCity, Confluence or similar.
- You have 5+ years of application development experience
- You have a Bachelor's degree in computer science or comparable field, or equivalent self-study.
What You'll Do
- You will lead technical design and delivery of complex features across multiple systems as RetailMeNot rapidly adds new and faster ways for consumers to save money when they shop.
- You will understand and constantly improve the cloud infrastructure that runs our high performance, consumer-scale site.
- You will help support the build and deployment pipeline and when necessary both diagnose and solve production support issues
- You will contribute to the overall system design, architecture, security, scalability, reliability, and performance of applications
- You’ll coach and mentor junior engineers on software engineering techniques, process, and new technologies
- You will also have the opportunity to stay ahead of new technologies with an eye to evaluating and potentially incorporating them into your team's architecture.
Who We Are
- We hire talented people and give them the autonomy to be creative in how they impact the business.
- We embrace Diversity and Inclusion as core values and have a thriving program to support it throughout the company. We give back to the community and support multiple Austin events and organizations with like-minded goals.
- We have an extraordinary open vacation policy.
- We offer a generous leave policy for new parents as well as 401k matching.
- We provide lunch four days a week, breakfast twice a week, tons of snacks, and an on-site coffee bar run by trained baristas.
- We reimburse expenses for cell phone service and gym memberships.
We offer an opportunity to be an integral part of a company that eagerly pursues disruption in its space to continue to drive innovation and lead the competition. Benefits of being an employee of RetailMeNot, Inc. include, but are not limited to the following:
- Competitive base & bonus packages; salary negotiable
- Long Term Incentive Plan
- Performance based rewards & recognition for your hard work and service
- Very competitive benefits packages, including best-in-class parental leave
- Open & flexible PTO
- Cell phone & gym membership reimbursements
- Fully stocked break room & onsite catered breakfasts & lunches multiple days/week
RetailMeNot, Inc. is a leading digital savings destination connecting consumers with retailers, restaurants and brands, both online and in-store. The company enables consumers across the globe to find hundreds of thousands of digital offers to save money while they shop or dine out.
U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Information
Individuals seeking employment at RetailMeNot, Inc. are considered without regards to race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other protected classification. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us align with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.