Senior Software Engineer - Data Ingestion at Realtor.com
This position is open to work remotely in US
Who We Are
Realtor.com is your one-stop-shop for homebuyers, sellers, and dreamers, with comprehensive for-sale listings, insightful information, valuable tools, and professional expertise. We make buying, selling, renting, and living in homes easier and more rewarding for everyone. We’re excited and hungry to make a difference to the millions of people in the US who buy a home each year. Our aspiration starts with treating our home buyer as our focal point - we believe that delivering on experiences that truly help people through this seemingly difficult life event will lead us to continued and greater success as a company.
About The Role
We have an exciting and unique opportunity for a motivated and energetic Senior Software Engineer to join the Realtor.com Data Platform team. Senior Software Engineers on the Data Platform Team are responsible for the services and infrastructure capable of processing and making available the extensive volume of data produced on its platform each day. Data Platform Engineers build the infrastructure and tools needed to enable engineers, analysts, and scientists to utilize real time data products that operate against our largest data sets. In this position, you will work to deliver high quality data in real time to services, analysts, and our data lake using industry standard real time event driven systems. We are building out a modern streaming data platform where you will get to drive decisions and be part of a team that has a lot of fun along the way!
What you’ll do
- Work collaboratively in teams composed of Product Managers and Engineers
- Implement new application features that delight our users
- Develop reusable components and frameworks for ingestion, routing, and data quality using services and tools offered by AWS and other cloud services
- Own the delivery, quality, and reliability of our streaming data platform and act as support for production issues, profile performance, and assist in root cause analysis
- Make it simple for Data Platform users to collect and access data
- Participate in hackathons and Proof Of Concept experiments to continuously improve our delivery
- Perform presentations of our products/features to internal stakeholders
- Work in a primarily Agile/Scrum product development process
- A driven software engineer that is motivated to build great products and desires to own a great codebase in a fast-paced environment
- 5+ years experience developing back-end server software, preferably in Python or Java
- Experience with data streaming technologies, preferably Kafka
- Experience with cloud computing, preferably Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Experience developing distributed stateless services that utilize messaging patterns
- Experience developing service oriented architectures/orchestration
- Experience with API design/development
- Experience with test-driven development with unit-testing, integration testing and end-to-end testing
- Experience with data serialization system and schema management - Avro, Protobuf
- Exposure to build, test, and deployment automation technologies
At realtor.com®, we believe that everyone deserves a home of their own. We’re a community of nearly 2,000 employees who work hard to ensure that from the moment someone starts dreaming about a new home, to the moment they walk in the door and beyond, we’re there to lend a helping hand. Every month, over 85 million people trust us with their journey home by visiting our site and mobile apps, and we’d love to have you join our team to help.
We’ve got great offices in the U.S. and Canada with lots of sweet jobs to choose from, so we’re hoping you’ll join us on our journey to make buying, selling, renting, and living in homes easier and more rewarding for everyone.
Let’s make a difference, together. For Real.#LI-BA1