Senior Software Engineer (DevOps) - GoPay at GoDaddy
GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. With 20 million customers worldwide, GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company visit www.GoDaddy.com.
Any of our California offices
What you'll get to do...
This product group is one of the key strategic pillars of GoDaddy, with an important contribution to the company's revenue, customer growth and innovation. The right individual will be self-driven, positive, and able to amplify the talents of others. Someone who cares about maintainability of the code, automation, deployment processes, system resiliency and how to enable innovation through fostering a growing culture of Open Source. They will go beyond just coding and help to shape the engineering culture and best practices here at GoDaddy through a new payments platform that will be mission critical to many internal product and engineering teams.
- Manage, deploy and debug systems using Kubernetes
- Manage and write infrastructure as code for AWS
- Lead and support team members to drive success
- Be accountable for code quality and writing unit and integration tests
- Be expected to contribute to architectural and design discussions
- Work collaboratively with a distributed team
- Contribute to open source projects and communities
- Identify, measure, and understand user needs and execute on appropriate solutions
- Perform code reviews to suggest, encourage, and support coding best practices
- Identify, plan, and execute on improvements to product and development processes
- Evaluate and recommend development tools and frameworks
- Be accountable for balancing product goals with company objectives
- Continuously learn and share new ideas and technical concepts
Your experience should include...
- Passion for quality, user experience, and cutting edge web technologies
- Strong understanding of database mechanics and performance
- Able to provide architectural direction and mentoring to less experienced developers
- 7+ years professional web development experience in related technologies
- 3+ years professional Amazon AWS experience
- 2+ years professional DevOps and Kubernetes experience
- Experience with unit testing and TDD principles
- Experience with Git/Github
- Experience with building APIs using REST
- Strong understanding of software security best practices
- Understanding of the payments industry and landscape
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Leadership experience a plus
- Experience building software using Agile concepts and processes
- History of open source contributions and community involvement
- Very strong understanding of all aspects of web server performance
- Test automation experience a serious plus
We've got your back...
Enjoy our many benefits (My Wallet), including paid time off, 401k, equity grants and parental leave. Join one of our employee resource groups (Culture). Continue to have a side hustle, if you have one (we love entrepreneurs, remember?). Most importantly, come as you are and make your own way.
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at [email protected]
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.