Senior Software Engineer, Engineering Corps at MongoDB
The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $89B+ by 2024!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
MongoDB seeks experienced software engineers to help level-up TechOps and grow its internal service offerings by orders of magnitude. Central to TechOps’ ability to provide the myriad of technical resources utilized daily by all company employees, the Engineering Corps is the first team called upon to realize and develop internal technical solutions to problems facing individual employees, teams, departments, and the company as a whole. The team is made up of renaissance persons with a large breadth of expertise and areas of interest. They are full-stack engineers in practice, database and sys admins when necessary, and experienced service providers with a track record of timely delivery and delighted customers.Our ideal candidate
- Has 5+ years of proven experience developing awesome software (Python a must, Golang a plus, React a super-nice-to-have) and using git
- Is knowledgeable about secure coding principles, TLS, and developing policy and process around security and compliance best practices
- Is a Linux wiz familiar and comfortable with CI/CD strategies and tooling, e.g. k8s, Drone, or similar
- Pragmatic, detail-oriented, and self-motivated
- Builds great things alone, but the greatest things in collaboration with others
- Work with teams across MongoDB to understand how they do business and develop solutions to help them do so more efficiently/effectively
- Design, build, and operate internal tools and services that are reliable, scalable, and observable
- Investigate gaps and limitations in existing tooling and develop well-thought-out long-term solutions
- Regularly review application code
- Author and review functional specifications and scoping documents for proposed projects
- Have lots of fun doing all of the above things
- In three months you will have familiarized yourself with much of our application portfolio, make regular contributions, and help to resolve incidents and respond to user requests
- In six months you will have successfully investigated, scoped, executed, and documented a small to medium sized project on behalf of an internal customer
- In a year you will have too many pleased customers to do everything they ask of you, and you will have to politely decline some projects. You will have made a number of sizable contributions to our code base that significantly improve the quality, reliability, and maintainability of our systems
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.